What's new

Tech - Jacqui Briggs Tech Shield

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Tech Shield works on regular horizontal projectiles, as already known. However, it also works on more atypical projectiles and I feel this needs to be discussed.

Ermac air ground pound: Tech Shield works, but only non-enhanced

Shinnok Hell Sparks: Tech Shield works, but only non-enhanced
Also can absorb 4th hit of meter burned Hell Sparks on reversal

Sub-Zero ice clone toss: Tech Shield works, but only non-enhanced
Sub-Zero ice clone shatter: non-ex

Tremor vertical rock projectile: Tech Shield works, but only non-enhanced

Reptile force ball + acid spit at the same time on hit: Tech Shield absorbs BOTH, but only non-enhanced

Sonya
-Special Forces: Block+2 special + ring toss at the same time on hit: Tech Shield absorbs BOTH, but only non-enhanced
-Special Forces: Block+2 special by itself: Tech Shield works, enhanced reflects it
-Demolition: Tech Shield (and enhanced) do NOT work against grenades at all

Erron Black 2-shot full-screen string: Tech shield works as does enhanced for the reflect
-enhanced Tech Shield can reflect his sand stun special

Does anyone have anything else to add? There are also atypical specials that Tech Shield absorbs, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Currently at work :p

EDIT 10/25: Adding this video.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I just found this for anti-Hell Sparks. You can do Tech Shield as a reversal when Shinnok meter burns the 3rd hit of Hell Sparks :D

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Wow really? How is that possible? I thought Tech Shield takes forever to startup.
That's what I thought too. You input the Tech Shield when the 3rd Hell Spark hits you, then it absorbs the 4th hit from the meter burn. If Shinnok does meter burn on the 2nd Hell Spark, you have to block still. It must be on the 3rd hit.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I knew there was gap after the 3rd hell spark that you could armor through, but this works too. Shinnok loses a whole bar of meter while Jacqui gains some.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
It works on a whole string of Full-Auto bullets. For meter burn though I think you have to either block the missile or you can armor through if you're close enough.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Depending on the range and timing, it can absorb the first 2-3 shots of gunslingers low shots and allows you to block the last shots.
The first shot can also be reflected.
If the choose to do the low shots full screen you can also absorb/reflect the last shot too. Which looks pretty funny lol

Absorb works on all of Tremors projectiles, even his db1 in any direction across all variations.
They can all be reflected other than the db1's in any direction and rock shower apart from in metallics gold skin. Gold skin db1's in any direction can be reflected.
Aftershocks standing and air dd1 can be absorbed but not reflected.
Crystalline's krystal throw cannot be absorbed or reflected.

Cassie's ex dd1 can be absorbed but nor reflected.

High Tech ff 2 can be absorbed but not reflected.
Shotguns can be absorbed not reflected.
Full auto's up rockets can be absorbed not reflected

Same as mournful and kobu jitsu, hat trick ex hat toss and shaolin ex chakram cannot be absorbed or reflected.

Royal storms db1 and ex db1 can both be reflected and absorbed.
Royal Storm/Assasin ex fan throw. The first fan can be absorbed/reflected however the second fan can't be. But if you're at the right range the second fan wont hit and just go right past you but won't actually be absorbed or reflected.

Dualists dark orb will be absorbed whether you ex jacquis db1 or not. Ex won't reflect, but will absorb.

Brood mothers low bug can be absorbed and reflected.

Quan chis rune can be absorbed. Ex runes first hit can be absorbed. And depending on timing you will get hit by the second blast, recover in time to block the second blast or the blast will go through you due to invisibility frames.
Summoners bat cannot be absorbed/reflected by the bats fireball can be both.

Cybernitics ex knife throw can be absorbed but will only reflect one knife and jacqui will get hit by the other two.