What's new

Taunts, yo

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Will there be any taunts in Injustice?

Do you want there to be any taunts in Injustice?

If so, why? if not, why?

What are the taunts that you would want for you favorite characters?

If there were to be taunts how do you think they should implemented? Command? Single button press? Cancelable? Buffs?

My personal stance on taunts is that they add character to the characters, add a little extra dialogue to fights, successfully get people to put up better fights, successfully let people know that you are superior to them, and they are usually either funny or badass. In MK9 I didn't mind not having taunts because some attacks sufficed enough and all of the finishing moves were good enough. This game, not so much.

Disc-us.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm not big on an actual taunt button, but I like that characters make their own little taunts/comments after certain moves or events.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
With the Clash System already giving unique dialogue between the two specific characters fighting I think it'd be hype as hell if there were unique taunts too.

I know it's just a silly little add on and isn't really that important, but come on....

OllyGolly

Apprentice
Superman: "You're weak!"
Wonder Woman: "For Themyscira!"
Batman: "Don't test me."
The Flash: "Try to keep up."
Green Lantern: "Your will is weak."
Aquaman: "To the depths with you."
Hawkwoman: "Don't cross me again."
Cyborg: "Booyah!"
Raven: "Trigon will have your soul."
Green Arrow: "You can't match me."
Nightwing: "Are you finished yet?"
Shazam: "How's that for a shock?"

Bane: "Don't expect to live much longer."
Black Adam: "I see you have a death wish."
Catwoman: "You should check your pockets."
Deathstroke: "Nothing personal, it's just business."
Doomsday: "I'll rip you apart!"
Harley Quinn: "Mr. J's gonna get you!"
The Joker: "Let's put a smile on that face."
Lex Luthor: "You can't possibly beat me."
Sinestro: "I am your master."
Solomon Grundy: "Can't stop Grundy."

Just a few I thought of.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I have no problem with that, makes the gloating all the much better when you win.

Sort of like Vega's command taunt in Street Fighter, where he either throws off his mask or his claw, reducing his defense and range.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I have no problem with that, makes the gloating all the much better when you win.

Sort of like Vega's command taunt in Street Fighter, where he either throws off his mask or his claw, reducing his defense and range.
no i mean, if u get a successful taunt, it should deplete the opponents meter.