What's new

TaruofTerror's plot guide (canon tournament events only)

Decided I would try to make a contribution to the site, being as its ultimatemk.. and nary a mention of plot.

This guide only covers events that would be considered canon (relevant and officially accepted into the storyline) and related to the tournaments.

I dont give a damn if you want to read a guide about what Shujinko did while he ran around with poor collision detection. This is about the events dating from the first mortal kombat tournament all the way to Armaggeddon.

Mortal Kombat takes place in an alternate version of Earth. In this version of Earth, a tournament called mortal kombat takes place in order to decide who has control over Earthrealm.

Why this is fair, I have no friggin clue.

Mortal Kombat 1: 500 years ago, Earth was doing well. Electricity wasnt too popular, and people didnt know about computers and were bored most of the time. To make up for this, they decided to wager Earth as a bet in a tournament called Mortal Kombat. The first Mortal Kombat consisted of paper rock scissors. Earth was really good at it, because being 500 years ago we got alot of practice because life was boring.

There was this guy named Kung Lao, and he had a shiny hat. He won alot of games of PRS by blinding people with his hat, and then changing what he threw. He was known as ol shady lao by his fellow players.

A evil, but wise sorcerer named Shang Tsung showed up one day. He was kinda old, and smelled like vegetable soup. Most people overlooked the soup smell, but Kung Lao couldnt.

That guy hated vegetable soup.

Kung Lao stood up, and cocked his hat back. "We dont take well to vegetable soup where I come from"

Shang Tsung smirked, and grinned. But you couldnt see him grin because he had his hood on. He always wore his hood. Even when he ate vegetable soup. He spilt it alot, which explains the smell.

With a crack of thunder, and some lightining that hit somewhere in the distance shang threw back his hand. Kung Lao was suprised. "OMG" Kung Lao said.

Shang Tsung's hand wasnt making a paper. Or even a rock. It was kinda making a scissor, because he was using one finger, but it wasnt. He was pointing to the person behind him. This person was named Goro. Goro, had 4 arms. He also had 4 fingers on each arm. 4 times 4 is 16.

Thats 16 fingers.

Kung Lao was so shocked, he forgot completely about the soup smell. As Goro cracked his knuckles Kung Lao got into a ready fighting stance.

Somewhere, a breeze blew, and one of those ancient water ponds for drinking water with the little bucket in it that tips over when its full did just that. And this little wood thunking sound was heard.

SWISHHH went kung lao's hand as he threw out his opening attack. A tight closed fist, imitating the shape of a rock.

Gasps filled the room.

Kung Lao didnt even have to look up. He knew he had been beaten.

With Goro's four arms, he had made every PRS combination on his hands.

His 4th arm even made dynamite.. which wasnt allowed in the rules, but at this point it didnt even matter.

Kung Lao, angry from his loss dashed in with what was going to be a ground combo. Goro quickly jumped backwards, and tossed a punch at Kung Lao. Kung Lao flew across the room, and landed with a squishy sound. He died, but its ok because he got some lady pregnant, and she had already left.

Goro won 8 more tournaments. Only he didnt play paper rock scissors. He just beat the hell out of people, and then fixed Shang some vegetable soup. It was ok, because it was easy to make.

Then along came this guy named Liu Kang, he was trained by this alchoholic fat dude. Liu Kang also screamed alot, even when he wasnt supposed to. He didnt have a job because of this, people would get really mad when he would start screaming in the middle of his shift.

I worked with him at staples and he was always yelling at the customers for no reason, it got old quick.

Liu Kang came to the 10th Mortal Kombat tournament, along with a buncha other guys. Shang Tsung was all like, your soul his mine, and Liu Kangs like NUH-UH and started screaming.

Then Liu kicked Shang Tsung in the stomach, and it hurt pretty bad. He didnt have any soup that day and had an empty stomach so it hurt twice as bad. Then Liu escaped the island with a bitchin sweet helicopter that he made from all the vegetable soup cans.

Posting more tomorrow, stay tuned!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will probably move this to the Myths and Fanlore section as a sticky, what I really wanted you to do was just ask if people would be interested in this specific forum as something the site would actually advertise or promote as an offering to players aside from the gameplay guides, because it would be a request of sorts for you to do it for us or have others help contribute. I think many players will find it interesting.

oh, I thought you meant post it as a submission.

Anyway, this isnt the real one. I just thought this was funny, and it was something to pass time.