What's new

General/Other Talk to me about traits

Goldi

Noob
So, I'm not in love with Miss Harely's traits. I'm still learning and hit 4 sometimes absently, and it's just a death sentence!

As of now, I'm just trying to avoid using it all together lol. It reminds me of skeletal boost but with the chance of getting a "screw you" bomb. And like skeletal boost, she's gotta stand there and prep for awhile which is like an invitation to just walk on over and beat on my ass while she's looking at pictures and playing with flowers!

I want to know is anyone else using it and how? I know it's something you should activate after a combo so she has some time and breathing room to do it.. But that's about it. Trait button is a whole new world to me.

Thoughts? All advice is appreciated. <3

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
There are ways to set it up. Finishing a combo with b1,2 > Trait is doable. It pushes them far away, but kind of risky against teleport characters. Ending in with f2,3 > Trait works too since they have a longer fall time, but they also end up a little closer. However, the randomness of the trait keeps it risky no matter how safe of an option you have for setting it up. I'm sure there will be some gimmicks that will come from it though.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I agree, the random gift trait is nice in theory but so impractical in execution. It's super unsafe even canceling from a knockdown string.

Eshi

Noob
In my opinion, Harley has the worst trait in the game. But at least she's not like Phoenix Wright and doesn't have to us her completely random character mechanic at all.

Goldi

Noob
It's definitely one of the more interesting traits. Damage boost, heal or fml lol. I need to muck around with it some more, it's totally new thing for me.

Like, the stage interactions I'm kinda used to, thanks to the VF stages and their variety and hazards; fences, half fences, ring outs... need good spacing to strategize and punish depending on the environment. I'm into it lol. But I haven't figured out Harley's space. I try to stay in sweep range out of habit, but I could be doing it wrong. Does she want to be closer? Farther?

The meter button is still a little awkward. But I think I get it because of MK. Need to get consistent with it though.

Blocking isn't something I do yet. I'm sure I will get it eventually. But it's never really come up before for me in a game, so I need practice. things like fuzzy guarding, dash blocking... I haven't found answers for.

I feel like a newborn giraffe trying to walk for first time lol.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I don't think the trait is really an offensive one. Sure the Dynamite hurts and can launch for a combo, but I think that is there moreso as a risk potential for opposition not to just charge in when the box pops open (I may eat a dynamite blast)..As it stands now she has 2 minor buffs and 1 possible attack.. So should be considered a defensive/buff trait and not offensive.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've beat people with the dynamite a few times. Complete accident but funny as all hell. Her best of the 3 is obviously the damage boost. You'll get more from that in a combo than you do getting health back with the rose. I just try to use it whenever I knock someone full screen with a combo. Even then it's not completely safe. Can't really use it on aquaman at all for example.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I've beat people with the dynamite a few times. Complete accident but funny as all hell. Her best of the 3 is obviously the damage boost. You'll get more from that in a combo than you do getting health back with the rose. I just try to use it whenever I knock someone full screen with a combo. Even then it's not completely safe. Can't really use it on aquaman at all for example.
Absolutely! And why not? Win the round and the opponent is on other side of screen as they get up? Pop the trait.. You get some wealth back, damage boost to go in with, or waste a dynamite.. No harm no foul :)