What's new

Strategy Taking advantage of Enhanced Reflexes

Crathen

Death is my business
Let's talk about this and if we can find some useful setups or ideas to further dig into Deathstroke gameplan.

Here's some food for thought:

It lasts 4,5 seconds and returns available after 3,3 seconds and makes his guns unblockable , now while most think of it as a tool to make his zoning even more dangerous ( wich in fact is ) , it also makes him even more scary if used to rush down...why?

132 ( or LHM ) becomes a 8 frame high mid unblockable juggle starter , for 33% meterless midscreen and it has great reach ( well...better than f23 i'd say a tiny little more than b3/f3 ) , try it in practice mode starting character position b3/f3 and (1)32 connect , now take a little step away and b3/f3 whiffs but (1)32 hits.

I want you guys to think of some setups to include a safe way to activate his trait and maybe keep momentum.

I've got tons of ideas with this character , really digging him.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I've been trying to tell people this trait is godlike, do they listen no :mad:

I use it sometimes after D2 because it leaves them close and 132 their wake up because lol

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I've been looking at this too, and I'm seeing a lot of potential from this. The only issue is that the starting jab of this combo (1) hits high, so people ducking might have time to react to the unblockable gunshot.

I've also noticed, and pardon me if I'm wrong, that certain smaller characters are impossible (or perhaps possible, but very hard) to combo with a ji2 after the 132 string. Characters like Harley, Hawkgirl, and Killer Frost I can't seem to land the ji2 on.

As for a setup, you could always try it full screen during keepaway. Should be safe enough unless the opponent has a very good way of getting in or a very fast projectile that you're worried about. In the time you activait his trait, they will have rushed in, allowing your attempt at the unblockable starter to become possible.

Don't forget that 231 also has gunshots in the combo. This particular combo sends opponents FULL screen for more zoning.

archon

Noob
Wow, I never thought his string attack gunshots would be unblockable!

I spent time experimenting with activating the trait but found nothing substantial. 123, Trait leaves Deathstroke too vulnerable as the opponent has enough time to rise and dash toward him. Likewise, after 231, Trait the opponent can quickrise and jump any gunshot on reaction. Characters with a ground tracking projectile like Killer Frost can quick rise into such an attack and interrupt Deathstroke before he ever fires a shot.

The issue with this Trait is establishing guaranteed setups, but knowing that his stringed gunshots like 132 become unblockable is promising.

iw2ma

Noob
What i've been doing with this trait is, if i get a corner combo of any kind, i end the string with f2-3-Trait Cancel. Then, even though you have to make a read and it's not guaranteed, i find different ways to make them block something and go into the 132 string for another full combo..

archon

Noob
What strings can be cancelled into Deathstroke's Trait? Can his Trait be cancelled into any special attacks? I'll search for answers tonight.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
His trait takes too long to activate. DS should be at all times keeping you away - with negative on hit gun shots, he doesn't have the luxury of stopping his zoning game to activate un-blockable zoning.

The only time he could really activate his trait is at full screen. But this gives your opponent valuable time to gain ground - you would have been better off shooting him normally...not to mention your trait leaves you without projectiles afterwards.

Honestly, I think his trait is borderline useless. If it started up faster, then maybe - right now, what's the point? If you have them locked down at full screen, why would you give that up just for 4 seconds of unblockable (and then 3~ seconds without)?

iw2ma

Noob
Well it depends on the situation, as does everything.

Death Strokes Trait cannot being special cancelled, not that i've found, so it really is EXTREMELY rare that you'll be doing it.
the only normal i've found that matters that you want to cancel into your Trait with is the f23 string because the pseudo-floaty knockdown it is.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
F23 is probably the best time to use it. F23 ends just about all of DS's combos and has a long distance and long juggle knockdown and can be cancelled into his trait. You're sacrificing the damage of the sword flip that you'd normally get at the end of the combo (plus probably the low gun chip damage) for mindgames with unblockable bullets. I dont think it's a bad trade, but the choice is yours.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only time you'll be able to use his trait and not get blown up is after a full-screen knockdown, which limits the combo-potential severely. The odds of closing a full-screen gap and getting your combo started within that timeframe are incredibly low. Also remember that the trait will make those strings whiff if it dies mid-combo.

I hate to be a debbie-downer, but I've seen too many good Deathstroke's get blown up messing around with that god-awful trait. Most of the time they try to use it from closer than full-screen, so they inevitably get combo'd, meaning as soon as they're done eating 30%+ damage, they wake up with no access to their zoning tools or gunshot strings.

Also consider this: gunshots do 6% damage or 3% chip. You are basically taking an enormous risk to add 3% damage to your attacks, or potentially make a single string unblockable (which again, will never happen). From a risk/reward standpoint, you're basically playing Russian Roulette to win free meal at Denny's, and nobody wins in that scenario.

Crathen

Death is my business
Yeah most of the times it isn't worth it at all since you're letting them close the gap and it's only decent after a fullscreen knockdown versus characters that don't have fullscreen specials , it could be interesting knowing characters that can't punish it , as i said gimmicks.
The string / combo ender that gives most cancel advantage is b22xxtrait but it can be punished.

Gonna hit the lab tonight.

trait is free after every d2, tested against lex. It is very situational. Someone you want to use the trait into 132 is black adam. Do not try to zone this man. His lightning is plus on block. This goes for anyone with plus on block zoning.

there are only a few ways to bring it out safely:

after 132
after b1u2
full screen AA gunshot/machine gun

it is there immediate reaction to jump so insta air gun shot then go into machine gun for 2 reps

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

after 132
after b1u2

it is there immediate reaction to jump so insta air gun shot then go into machine gun for 2 reps
Are you absolutely positive that these are the ONLY viable strings to use it after? If F23 isn't safe, then that's too bad since that's easily workable into combos.

I've been experimenting with 231, the combo string that puts opponents FULLL screen from DS. Is that one not safe as well?

after 132
after b1u2

I feel you may be mistaken my friend. I'm going to double check in a minute but I don't ever remember any character who couldn't punish DS' ER after ANY of his strings.

It really seems like right now anyone can punish ER on reaction after a knock down or not at any distance. Basically, if you hit your character trait, expect to be punished.

I Hope I (or anyone on here) can prove myself wrong by the end of the night =/

Are you absolutely positive that these are the ONLY viable strings to use it after? If F23 isn't safe, then that's too bad since that's easily workable into combos.

I've been experimenting with 231, the combo string that puts opponents FULLL screen from DS. Is that one not safe as well?
not safe

I feel you may be mistaken my friend. I'm going to double check in a minute but I don't ever remember any character who couldn't punish DS' ER after ANY of his strings.

It really seems like right now anyone can punish ER on reaction after a knock down or not at any distance. Basically, if you hit your character trait, expect to be punished.

I Hope I (or anyone on here) can prove myself wrong by the end of the night =/
that ones i mentioned can of course be punish by extremely fast full screen supers. or raven. other than that you can get it out.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
End any combo with f23 xx trait. Dash forward mb f3 (for armor, because people panic and press buttons or jump when its active) now you're at advantage for a guaranteed 132 j2 323 f23 xx spin. <- aka: advantage for a throw attempt, f3 or f23 frame trap or block string of choice.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
End any combo with f23 xx trait. Dash forward mb f3 (for armor, because people panic and press buttons or jump when its active) now you're at advantage for a guaranteed 132 j2 323 f23 xx spin. <- aka: advantage for a throw attempt, f3 or f23 frame trap or block string of choice.
This is so far the best way imo and it is true the panic and jump part, just hope the character doesn't have an invincible wake up

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2