What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Takeda TAKEDA VS SONYA DISCUSSION

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
Whats up guys, just wanted to start a discussion with takeda vs sonya. i just wanted to hear your thoughts on a good strategy against sonya blade, i struggle when fighting her.
Any good tips, or tricks would help :). Please fill free to comment :D
(\_/)
(^.^)
(")_(")
^^^^^^^^^

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
haha man.. let me tell you.... i played this match up for the first time last night and it was VERY rough at first ... i could not play the takeda i normally play.. i ending up playing super lame -

first off i swear this chics match up vs Takeda is like just as good as scorpion, kung jin, kung lao etc as to it feels like every normal they have snuffs out everything we have. (Even with our new found glory or the patch buffs ) & i dont know if its her d3 or d4 but this poke was tossed 2 seconds .. its so good.. i mean it poked me out of ex tele more times than id like to admit.. plus -at least online - her dive kicks both air and ground are beast and can armor right though most oki attempts.. you would think it wouldnt matter cause of meter but she magically ALWAYS has like 2 bars..lol, its crazy .. but even when she doesnt her dive kick is still legit. plus with her fighitng movemet is seems shes always just a hair out of range for the njp and air spear..shit that normally catches people off guard just barely missed by her ...a lot.. lol ..but - this i am not 100 percent sure if it wasnt player faulted as i me not knowing the MU or my opponent very knowledgeable about the MU

i had to stay full screen.. and just wait for her to try to come in... every time i would pressure - one false move or a frame to late and i get snuffed. ..so
i resorted to staying full screen, ducked under about 30 plasma rings, then start to inch up.. once i get right outside b21 range i f1 2+4 tele cancel then b21 then, depending on block or hit id continue from there (ex spear, kunai cancel, ex teleport mixup, or overhead) then make sure to create space ( outside her dive kick range ) again with whatever outcome

now with trying to punish her drive kick on block online with me being new to it, i was having a a few problems.. a lot of things i was trying got snuffed or blocked- (besides random pokes) this is mostly my fault for not knowing the match up .,, what i found out worked best for me was f3 knockdown into oki and/or retreat.

once i started doing this stuff above then i actually started taking all the matches.. but they were very slow.. like i mean i really played the - "im going full screen and you try to make it over here".. i really dont like using this method as one wrong mistake and well youre in takedas "death corner" isssues but this time it worked in my favor .. the sonya player was using the one with the military stance if that makes a difference..

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
by the first time i mean playing someone who you can tell sonya is thier main.. i played a few sonyas since launch but prob no more than 4 or 5.. this guy was by far the best one i have personally played who understood the character ...

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
Mmm i see yeah i can see where your coming from, haha the one variation I just can't get by is her special forces one i believe where she can use her drone that's the one I can ever get by I'm getting constantly zoned

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Whats up guys, just wanted to start a discussion with takeda vs sonya. i just wanted to hear your thoughts on a good strategy against sonya blade, i struggle when fighting her.
Any good tips, or tricks would help :). Please fill free to comment :D
(\_/)
(^.^)
(")_(")
^^^^^^^^^
Would you happen to still have a few of the fights in your Match Replays? I would love to see the particular strategy that Sonya was using to help give you good feedback.. :)

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Mmm i see yeah i can see where your coming from, haha the one variation I just can't get by is her special forces one i believe where she can use her drone that's the one I can ever get by I'm getting constantly zoned
i have never faced anyone using that one against me while playing takeda-so i would also be interested in what tech comes up.

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
Would you happen to still have a few of the fights in your Match Replays? I would love to see the particular strategy that Sonya was using to help give you good feedback.. :)
Ahh unfortunately I do not :p but when I do come across one I'll be sure to upload it :)