What's new

Takeda Post-Release General Discussion

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Finding that the more people play against him, the more they know to just neutral duck everything and then GG. I already lost out on my Ronin aspect of this character, but they made all his buttons ass IMO which doesn't help the cause in making me like this version of him. I'll still play him, but a good mid would have been nice. NRS, please make F1 a mid!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Finding that the more people play against him, the more they know to just neutral duck everything and then GG. I already lost out on my Ronin aspect of this character, but they made all his buttons ass IMO which doesn't help the cause in making me like this version of him. I'll still play him, but a good mid would have been nice. NRS, please make F1 a mid!
Yeah, I'm finding that you almost can't take any initiative on small number frame advantage. Only time up close you can really safely press is after a poke and you're jailing into a high, otherwise you're better off just back dashing and making more space again. Once you condition with your jails, you can actually start to throw, but its a real slog conditioning them, especially on a character that's seemingly supposed to be strike / throw.

Found an interesting dynamic with Darrius, Takeda’s B3 can combo into Darrius FK if you are at the right distance, so in the corner if you land this it’s free mixup pressure

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Regarding the Lasher-ation & Slasher-ation aerial moves, are you supposed to be able to do a follow up move when it hits? They both say they're cancellable but I can't ever seem to connect anything on hit, no matter how many times I take it to practice. Is there some sort of tech I'm missing out on?