What's new

Breakthrough - Shirai Ryu TAKEDA HAS A TRI KUNAI RESTAND IN THE CORNER

JLsmooth

PSN : JLsmoothy
Max damage 59% 3 meters (not shown below). However it's probably a better use of meter to do the 16% reset into a 47% 2 meter combo like so:

And for your viewing pleasure - 49% ender in ranked:

Yes i think so, i prefer use 2 meters for 49% and 1 meter for another 30/40 %, JUICY!

st9rm

viennality.com
Max damage 59% 3 meters (not shown below). However it's probably a better use of meter to do the 16% reset into a 47% 2 meter combo like so:

And for your viewing pleasure - 49% ender in ranked:

i like the idea of the reset

if they block low, it will not combo though, right?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
For Shirai Ryu:

B21 (Overhead) Corner Starter: (48% 2 Bar)
(w/ throw ender to put back in corner)

B3 (Low) Corner Starter: (47% 2 Bar)
(w/ throw ender to put back in corner)

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
You can also do this variation of the 2-bar, which I feel is less tricky at times than hitting the throw off of NJP->B2->DB3, for the same amount of damage (48%):

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: For those who find it difficult to hit the final Whip Assault after D1, it may be easier (and more online friendly) to end in Whip Trip instead for the same about of damage

--------------------------------------------------

Takeda (Lasher) 50% Corner 2 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: Can also end in Whip Strike instead for the same about of damage

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 3 3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: His 112 string can also combo into EX Kunai. If 33 is replaced with 112 instead, it will result in a 50% combo

Alternatively, you can also go with a JIP 44 EX Kunai to make use of the 16% reset into a 48% 2 meter as shown below (although 44 EX Kunai is not an real combo string)

Takeda (Lasher) 16% Reset + 48% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: The opponent can successfully block low after the 44 EX Kunai to avoid a full combo punish

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: For those who find it difficult to hit the final Whip Assault after D1, it may be easier (and more online friendly) to end in Whip Trip instead for the same about of damage

Takeda (Lasher) 50% Corner 2 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: Can also end in Whip Strike instead for the same about of damage

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 3 3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: His 112 string can also combo into EX Kunai. If 33 is replaced with 112 instead, it will result in a 50% combo

Alternatively, you can also go with a JIP 44 EX Kunai to make use of the 16% reset into a 48% 2 meter as shown below (although 44 EX Kunai is not an real combo string)

Takeda (Lasher) 16% Reset + 48% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: The opponent can successfully block low after the 44 EX Kunai to avoid a full combo punish

This lasher stuff though.. Still low tier??

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I'm not a Takeda player. With that said, I do NOT think this should be nerfed. Looks really cool and I think it should stay in, considering that other characters do ridiculous corner damage as well for only ONE bar. I'm curious to see if Ronin can benefit from this somehow.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'm not a Takeda player. With that said, I do NOT think this should be nerfed. Looks really cool and I think it should stay in, considering that other characters do ridiculous corner damage as well for only ONE bar. I'm curious to see if Ronin can benefit from this somehow.
Ronin doesn't get kunai

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
The restand is so fun to do on opponents my friend said damn were my life go lol
It just sucks that it only really works if someone isn't expecting it.

Also, I find it dumb that your opponent can get hit with 44 and still be able to block the tri-kunai (thereby preventing the reset). In order to balance this out, NRS should also remove the gap from b2/b21 kunai. :)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
It just sucks that it only really works if someone isn't expecting it.

Also, I find it dumb that your opponent can get hit with 44 and still be able to block the tri-kunai (thereby preventing the reset). In order to balance this out, NRS should also remove the gap from b2/b21 kunai. :)
I don't think it's be all end all there's a gap there, if you're doing it for 50/50 purposes, you're going to be committing to the mixup anyway. Especially if the payout is going to be 50%+ damage.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

I don't think it's be all end all there's a gap there, if you're doing it for 50/50 purposes, you're going to be committing to the mixup anyway. Especially if the payout is going to be 50%+ damage.
If there was no gap between 44 tri-kunai, if you had 3 bars, you could freely do 2 16% resets into 47% without fear of them being to block it mid combo (provided they have no meter to break it). Just sayin.

Because people tend to instinctively block the second reset, I usually settle for 1 16% reset into a 2 bar 54% combo (3 bars total).

Last edited:

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
To get the restand started I either do

Starter into tri kunai (112,b2,b3 etc) then njp b21 tri kunai 112 close kunai to end in plus 20

If you anti air them with a b21 you can also restand them

Also after a raw njp b21 tri kunai

Forget to mention its also possible to restand after a raw njp midscreen run a tiny bit past them and do scoop

SOULWARRIOR 71K

Starter into tri kunai (112,b2,b3 etc) then njp b21 tri kunai 112 close kunai to end in plus 20

Forget to mention its also possible to restand after a raw njp midscreen run a tiny bit past them and do scoop
What do you mean by scoop?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief

In both Shirai Ryu and Lasher, the Tri Kunai re-stand can also be achieved with F1(2) 2+4 after the 1st hit of the 2+4 (if you wait until the 2nd hit to use EX Kunai, it will miss)...

This is key as you can continue using Takeda's main F1(2) 2+4 pressure string in the corner and still have the ability to re-stand on hit...

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) 41% Corner 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) 40% Corner 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) 45% Corner 1 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: If you start with 44 (removing JIP) the combo still ends in 45%. As such, you can use this combo when punishing in the corner by starting with 44 for same damage %.

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter Corner 1 Bar 34%

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) EX Kunai NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter Corner 2 Bar 42%

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Last edited:

SOULWARRIOR 71K

I think NRS may have stealth patched out the ability to do the restand/reset twice in the same combo. If I had 3 bars and the opponent was near the corner, I used to be able to do: jip - 44 - ex kunai (causes reset and restand if kunai isn't blocked), 44 - ex kunai (second reset if not blocked, 44 - ex fist flurry - njp - B2 - teleport - 112BF1. This was a risky combo anyway since the kunai could be blocked (and it usually was on the second reset attempt), but it's kind of annoying that it was taken out nonetheless.

@Pleasa and any other lab beasts, can you please confirm that it's not just me.

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I think NRS may have stealth patched out the ability to do the restand/reset twice in the same combo. If I had 3 bars and the opponent was near the corner, I used to be able to do: jip - 44 - ex kunai (causes reset and restand if kunai isn't blocked), jip - 44 - ex kunai (second reset if not blocked, 44 - ex fist flurry - njp - B2 - teleport - 112BF1. This was a risky combo anyway since the kunai could be blocked (and it usually was on the second reset attempt), but it's kind of annoying that it was taken out nonetheless.

@Pleasa and any other lab beasts, can you please confirm that it's not just me.
Hey @SOULWARRIOR 71K, yeah he did get a stealth patch.. It was first brought to my attention on October 1st by @Immortal Kombat ...

Can't do more than 1 kunai restand in the same combo...

Last edited: