What's new

Tag mode as feature

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
What's up fellow TOs? I had an idea of next month making the first big san antonio tx tournament featuring the tag mode, not single. Anybody think this is a bad idea? I'm feeling really strongly about it and a few people around me think it's a good idea, just wanted to get some feedback from you all. Thanks

DrDogg

Noob
Why only tag mode? Is there any reason why you wouldn't run both tag and singles?

Personally, I think it's too early to dictate tag mode as the main event, especially with Evo not even running an official tag tournament at the moment. If there was no way to run both, I'd probably pick singles... unless there was a strong local following to have tag only and I wasn't looking for anyone other than locals to attend.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Why only tag mode? Is there any reason why you wouldn't run both tag and singles?

Personally, I think it's too early to dictate tag mode as the main event, especially with Evo not even running an official tag tournament at the moment. If there was no way to run both, I'd probably pick singles... unless there was a strong local following to have tag only and I wasn't looking for anyone other than locals to attend.
No real reason other than it seems to be a lot of fun. I just wanted to run it as the main event cause I feel both will take WAY too long. These are tournaments that I expect 30-50 people at. I didn't really see a big adv that 1v1 has vs 2v2. What do you think?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Personally, i am trying to learn how to play the 1v1 before i put anytime into 2v2. i think MAYBE later this year or next year, we'll start seeing some hype in the scene for 2v2. maybe some exhibitions...

While I think tag is fun, I honestly don't think it's very deep as a tag fighter (no health regen is the main factor in this).

It's basically just 2v2 with assists.

I don't think I'll be playing it.

That being said, you are welcome to run whatever you want, and it may help your tourney bring new players in, and get a little bit of exposure for being different. So go for it.