What's new

Swifttomhanks! get in here!

Great job today man repping sektor at the salty battles stream last night. Fun to watch your sektor

highlight of my night, your Sektor knocking Tom Bradys Kung Lao out.

true story

good shit man, major props

(im not hating on tom brady either, he played well also i just dont think he was ready for the sektor matchup)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I said in the VSM chat the other night, f I could travel and compete, I would so want to clone a Cyrax version of your sig and join forces with you.
We could be Team F.D.I.A.: Team FUCKING DO IT AGAIN.

Cyrax is everywhere, so I always get hyped for upper-level Sektors such as this.
Congrats, amigo. BANANAS :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :moonwalk:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
That Sektor v Lao match made me cream. Hanks has a great Sektor. Really digging the character lately, becomming my 2nd.

That Sektor v Lao match made me cream. Hanks has a great Sektor. Really digging the character lately, becomming my 2nd.
I thought Erik Warda emptied you out?

lols yeah sekt is a beast, we have a strong unspoken brotherhood over here at the sektor forums.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Haha, thanks for the thread! I do have to apologize though - in my opinion when re-watching the videos I didn't really do anything note worthy. Just a few good reads and people not knowing the match up is what help me get to 5th.

The archive is hella unorganized lol. But if you go into bifuteki's profile you can find Maxter (cyrax) vs myself in it's own file. I only won one round vs him (and CDjr) so... it's not too pretty haha.

Regardless, hopefully the stream was fun to watch! The Sektor community is the best! I'm starting to look at picking up a third character (Sonya or C-Sub) and their little sub section sucks compared to ours.

Oh! Lastly, any tips on the Jax match up? That was my first time playing against Jax, ever. Let alone it was CDjr behind him.

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
Huge pride as somebody who mains Sektor. I found you tomhanks reacting exactly like I would in situations. GREAT use of the aa 1 punch. Is it really that effective? i have nothing but bad luck with it with crossovers.

Good stuff bro. good stuff.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
*leg lift*
All about dat taunt.

I probably shouldn't fish for d1's as much as I do, for two reasons. First of all, if the other person wins with the jip, that just sucks. Also, what I should be converting off of them is : d1 - 1,2 - tu - 1,2,flame for 22%. Instead all tournament long I was just doing d1 - 1,2,flame since the nerves were getting to me and I was forgetting everything I know.

Excellent showing STH.

Advice against Jax, let alone a good one? I don't like this match-up, at all. I do not think it is 6-4 in Sektor's favor.

b1 has saved my ass on more than one occasion. General Missile strategy to keep at mid-long range. Punish at every single opportunity. Personally, I have never had much success going Rushdown on a good Jax, and I'm not sure how viable it is.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
jax will try and stay in once hes in and his F4 will give sektor a lot of trouble, whenever i face the jax players over here i want to zone as long as possible but be weary from jump distance as theyre just waiting to ex dash punch you.

from a distance though you can Instant air teleport everything he has, even if he tries to faint a ground pound you can still outspeed him for about 41% if you can land the combo off it, instead of flaming him poke at him as its faster (B1 or F2 to name some) and he cant react as quickly.

keep it up!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
When i get the videos up from WWC this weekend you can see the semi finals of Ketchup vs Tasty's Jax.

Swifttomhanks your matches vs tom brady were really nice, showing off some good sektor stuff, see alot of strings into straight missile, which i havent seen many sektors do, but hell it worked!