What's new

Supposed MK11 leaked story, characters, gameplay

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
This may or may not be true but to immediately discount someone with a really great track record seems wild. Do you think NRS studios is better at locking down leaks than Infinity War where even the actors didn't know the ending? Let's wait and see, and thanks for the info on the leak.

How can these "leakers" know everything about the game like story, roster, gameplay, but not mention the game's official title even once?
the official title may not even be decided yet, they will probably give it a name or a subheader based on what the game ends up being like in the finished product

Gamer68

Fujin!
Being serious though...

I have no problem speculating on what MK11 could be like, when it could be revealed, whether or not a certain "leak" is real, etc. I personally love posting speculation, predictions, and wishlists.

But I really do feel like we need to tone down on the amount of "leak" threads and even speculation ones, if I'm being honest. We just need a general megathread for potential leaks to get pinned or something. I feel like these would help with clutter of threads with similar discussions and names, as well as avoiding poorly named thread titles that could get everyone's hopes up because they think something truly leaked.

At the very least, can we please start calling these "rumors" instead of "leaks", because well, they are... Leaks are when something is actually leaked online, like promotional material, screenshots, gameplay, etc. Rumors are completely word of mouth.

Every time I see a thread that says "MORTAL KOMBAT 11 DETAILS LEAK" and then it goes into saying "oh, some guy on 4chan or Reddit said that Kano's son is in the game", I think I die a little inside.

@STORMS
@SneakyTortoise
@Juggs
@Espio
@Eldriken
and any other mods.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
seems pretty cool all this info ! looks viable so, if true, will be a great history mode ! and the characters roster its pretty good if in fact ends to be this one "leaked" ... let's see ! :D

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Seems plausible, I think I would dig it. The only one that I found questionable was different Xrays but it could happen, although that could just mean different openers to the same Xray such as with TMNT.

This all sounds pretty fake to me. The game isn't even ready to be teased but the roster, story, and various gameplay elements are locked down? No way.
I'm talking out of my butt a bit here but they can't start making the game until they know what characters they will include. Perhaps some more characters are included if time allows for it or they expect to cut a couple in development but I'd imagine the roster is all but set early in development. They need to make concept art, character models, animations, cutscenes, to decide on the gameplay and so on and so forth. They have to have a design document and I imagine it's quite specific and comprehensive into what they plan on doing with MK11 or whatever game they are developing. Especially with a game like Injustice where there's more questions about them getting the rights to use a character. Same with guest characters.

RiverHB

Noob
I'm talking out of my butt a bit here but they can't start making the game until they know what characters they will include. Perhaps some more characters are included if time allows for it or they expect to cut a couple in development but I'd imagine the roster is all but set early in development. They need to make concept art, character models, animations, cutscenes, to decide on the gameplay and so on and so forth. They have to have a design document and I imagine it's quite specific and comprehensive into what they plan on doing with MK11 or whatever game they are developing. Especially with a game like Injustice where there's more questions about them getting the rights to use a character. Same with guest characters.
Those are all fair points, and I have no doubt some things are locked down at this stage. To your points, there is no doubt an outline with concept art, etc But I would think there are various characters and elements still "on the bubble" so to speak at this point. I wouldn't put any stock in "characters x,y,z are in" at this point, unless there's an official reveal.

If there was a reveal at this E3, I'd be more inclined to believe this is plausible, with the usual April release the following year. There's just no telling how far out this game is if there's not even a tease.

I hope I'm wrong and most of this is correct - except the no Kotal part (unless I misunderstood the OP). That seems absurd to me. Cool new character.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
But I really do feel like we need to tone down on the amount of "leak" threads and even speculation ones, if I'm being honest. We just need a general megathread for potential leaks to get pinned or something. I feel like these would help with clutter of threads with similar discussions and names, as well as avoiding poorly named thread titles that could get everyone's hopes up because they think something truly leaked.
P L S

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I really don’t get why people were against the variation system.. they essentially had a pretty damn balanced 90 character roster..

How the fuck can anyone hate that
Nrs itself said variation system was a mistake and a pain in the ass to balance. I would be really surprised if they keep it.

God Confirm

Nrs itself said variation system was a mistake and a pain in the ass to balance. I would be really surprised if they keep it.
source? I never once heard them say it was a mistake, just that it took more work. Are you reading between the lines and saying that it was a mistake, or did they actually say that somewhere?

ismael4790

source? I never once heard them say it was a mistake, just that it took more work. Are you reading between the lines and saying that it was a mistake, or did they actually say that somewhere?
Apparently Paulo said that in stream chats, can't give exact source so feel free not to believe it. With "mistake", I'm reading between the lines, yes.

Anyway, a final patch that desperately turned the game upside down is also an implicit way of admitting they fucked up.

My bet is variations will come back in some way (eliminating them completely would probably not please casual audience, and that's key). Maybe 2 variations instead of 3.

God Confirm

Apparently Paulo said that in stream chats, can't give exact source so feel free not to believe it. With mistake, i'm reading between the lines, yes.
Obviously it was going to be more work and there was zero chance that they went into it expecting that designing 3 versions of the same character for a 30+ deep cast was going to be less work than just designing one. When I read it, it felt more of their way of deflecting some of the non-stop balance bitching that was coming from certain members of this community. Can you think of anyone who did this?

Anyway, a final patch that desperately turned the game upside down is also an implicit way of admitting they fucked up.
They didn't patch out variations lol so that's really not saying anything relevant to the topic here

I'm not saying that variations will be back, but can we stop spreading conjecture and misinformation as though it's actual evidence of anything?

ismael4790

Obviously it was going to be more work and there was zero chance that they went into it expecting that designing 3 versions of the same character for a 30+ deep cast was going to be less work than just designing one. When I read it, it felt more of their way of deflecting some of the non-stop balance bitching that was coming from certain members of this community. Can you think of anyone who did this?

They didn't patch out variations lol so that's really not saying anything relevant to the topic here

I'm not saying that variations will be back, but can we stop spreading conjecture and misinformation as though it's actual evidence of anything?
Variations introduced a variety that made the game fun but at the same time, introduced too many elements to look into for the balance team, who got overwhelmed. Paulo's comments just are further evidence of what it became obvious for everyone.

They probably knew from the outset that mkx was gonna be hard work. But the patch sequences showed they got too ambitious, miscalculted the amount of work it will require, and finally couldn't handle it. I doubt nrs is satisfied with what they did in mkx patch-wise. Up to debate ofc, but imo people didn't even bitch enough considering the things that this game suffered from.

As i said, due to this, i think variations will come back in some sort of toned down format.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
While i dont believe the leak being real at all, the contents of the leak sound plausible and could happen.

Wigy

There it is...
Assuming it doesn't detract from their resources why would u not want variations? At the very least you get some low tier hero variations and a little more longetivity to the game. Probably why injustice died off so much quicker than mkx