What's new

Superman/Wonder Woman ongoing announced!

Reedoms

Noob
All I can say is that I wish DC would stop pushing their shipping into my comics. I'm glad Azzarello is giving absolutely no shits on this and just casually throws it aside for awesome New Gods/Greek Gods action.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Yeah you do that. I'll just be beating my dick to this comics when it comes out.I've dreamed of this since they started their romance.Also Reedoms what Azarello is doing is 10 times more toxic than Dc's shipping.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Do not like this, I will never understand why writers believe Supes/WW should be together because they're "the strongest man and woman".

EGGXI

Scary Bat
CCVengeance I gotta agree with Reedoms here, Wonder Woman is at the top of her game, this is the best book I've seen her have for a while.

I hate the whole Wonder Woman/Superman thing. It's just so dull. She's characterized so differently in JL/Superman than in her own title that I feel like they are two separate characters.

I'm just glad its more WW and not another batman comic. Ill hold off on my opinion of the actual comic till I read it, it could easily go in two very different directions so I'm neither excited nor upset. The writer is doing a good job on swamp thing so that's good to hear.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Nigga what?

Reintroducing the New Gods and making Wonder Woman amazing for the first time in years is toxic?
That's actually really good.I LOVE THAT!
But other than that WW always gets showned up in her own series.Who saved the baby?Not WW.Who beat up the first born the most?Not WW.Who got sexually assaulted and kissed her attacker?WW.

Reedoms

Noob
But other than that WW always gets showned up in her own series.Who saved the baby?Not WW.Who beat up the first born the most?Not WW.Who got sexually assaulted and kissed her attacker?WW.
Who beat the shit out of Artemis and tricked Poseiden/Hades into doing her dirty work then made Hades look like a total bitch in his own realm? It's natural Orion is going to do more damage to someone than Wonder Woman does because Orion's battle boner is never sated until he absolutely destroys someone, plus he's way stronger than she is.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
WW got abused in her own comics? is it New 52? if it is, I'll have to start getting me some WW action.

haketh

Noob
I wouldn't mind Supes and Diana hooking up if it was done well, the way Diana is characterized in her solo series+ going out with Clark would be great. But instead we get this bullheaded female Orion in anything not written by Azzarello.

Reedoms

Noob
I wouldn't mind Supes and Diana hooking up if it was done well, the way Diana is characterized in her solo series+ going out with Clark would be great. But instead we get this bullheaded female Orion in anything not written by Azzarello.
The guy writing Superman/Wonder Woman seems to understand how to actually write characters though since he's the first person in the whole of Nu52 to write Constantine correctly so I'm hopeful for the series.

haketh

Noob
The guy writing Superman/Wonder Woman seems to understand how to actually write characters though since he's the first person in the whole of Nu52 to write Constantine correctly so I'm hopeful for the series.
I'm going to give it a shot. Johns needs to stay the hell away from it. When he had her choking out Hephaestus I shooked my head so hard. That made no sense seeing how she's all about family and views him as a member of hers.

Reedoms

Noob
I'm going to give it a shot. Johns needs to stay the hell away from it. When he had her choking out Hephaestus I shooked my head so hard. That made no sense seeing how she's all about family and views him as a member of hers.
Yea, I don't get Johns sometimes. He has the capacity to write very well (Captain Marvel, GL, JSA, Aquaman etc.) but then he gets Justice League and everyone is an asshole and Wonder Woman is choking people left and right. Soule should do both characters justice as he wrote a pretty good Superman in his Swamp-Thing a few months ago.