What's new

Match-up Discussion Superman owns my Aquaman?

So i verse i really annoying and keep away type of superman so this is what he'll do. He'll always walk back and if i dash he'll flying punch me into fullscreen. If i do get a combo and a knockdown i'll go for a b2 trident scoop. but i always get grab by the rising grab wakeup. If i go full screen he will projectile me until i get back in. like he will wait the whole match unless i go in and keep me back with mb jump laser. The shield is good. But doesnt help much

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
answering the thread title: yes

but seriously, when you say things like "he always does this, or he always does that when i do this". Aren't you supposed to know what to do if hes always doing the same? You have alot of options in this game...

answering the thread title: yes

but seriously, when you say things like "he always does this, or he always does that when i do this". Aren't you supposed to know what to do if hes always doing the same? You have alot of options in this game...
what options do i have?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't even know how to respond to this. There is some info on this matchup in the matchup thread. My other advice is that it is always a bad idea to do the same thing every time.

I don't even know how to respond to this. There is some info on this matchup in the matchup thread. My other advice is that it is always a bad idea to do the same thing every time.
I don't do the same thing . I try and mix it up but i cant really when he's backing away and waiting for me.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
If hes doing thw straight laser just duck and dash in. If he does the air one then jump stright up to avoid it and you can get him with From the Deep on his way down.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
what options do i have?

For example when you say this:

If i do get a combo and a knockdown i'll go for a b2 trident scoop. but i always get grab by the rising grab wakeup.
Stop getting hit by his wake-up. If your opponent always does wakeup attack, start punishing him hard for it. I don't really know what moves do what, but a little bit of search on the aquaman forums sure helps you out.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
So i verse i really annoying and keep away type of superman so this is what he'll do. He'll always walk back and if i dash he'll flying punch me into fullscreen. If i do get a combo and a knockdown i'll go for a b2 trident scoop. but i always get grab by the rising grab wakeup. If i go full screen he will projectile me until i get back in. like he will wait the whole match unless i go in and keep me back with mb jump laser. The shield is good. But doesnt help much
Sometimes I found an opponent that doesn't do anything special but always give me problems, like you.
My main advice is to replicate the strategy that he use on training and try to work hard to nullify it.

1) for spam lasers, do some well time jump and when he land, try to do a FTD. Prepare to stand block his flying punch and you eventually have the opportunity to punish him.
2) always end your combo with F2,1+2, so you can have the opportunity to punish a wake up grab attack. Personally I do some D2, 22xxMB FTD, 22xxScoop, F2,1+2 and repeat. If he do the flying punch wake up, prepare to punish hard.
3) for wake up, use T.Rush. It's a better option than Scoop, does chip damage and leave you in a good position if blocked.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Sometimes I found an opponent that doesn't do anything special but always give me problems, like you.
My main advice is to replicate the strategy that he use on training and try to work hard to nullify it.

1) for spam lasers, do some well time jump and when he land, try to do a FTD. Prepare to stand block his flying punch and you eventually have the opportunity to punish him.
2) always end your combo with F2,1+2, so you can have the opportunity to punish a wake up grab attack. Personally I do some D2, 22xxMB FTD, 22xxScoop, F2,1+2 and repeat. If he do the flying punch wake up, prepare to punish hard.
3) for wake up, use T.Rush. It's a better option than Scoop, does chip damage and leave you in a good position if blocked.
can't superman punish a block trident rush with f2? I kno flash can punish it with flying uppercut

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I honestly don't know, better to check this out later.
However, I use wake up attack when a player costantly rush me in after a knock-down.
In other cases, maybe it's better to tech roll, all dependes on the situation.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I don't mean i do that everytime. But im saying thats what will happen if i go for something like that. But if i don't he will get up and dash back.
the problem with b2 is its slow and you can see it coming a mile away,that's proberly why your getting punished for it,the whole things a guess anyway,if you get a hard knockdown with 223 and think he's going to wake up backslash just throw a ground tridant out if he dashes it'll hit then you can mb it into b2,scoop into ender or if he just gets up and does nothing activate trait to make you safe.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
stop being free this is a good matchup for you character wise you have slight advantage all issues you describe are fundamental player errors.