What's new

Question Superman Heat Zap's cause a lag spike?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I was practicing in the lab movement and punishment against Superman's Heat Zap + Heat Vision zoning combo. Then I noticed how Heat Zap causes a lag spike and the screen trembles on whiff when the laser goes off screen; as if it hits something out there. This lag spike is similar to debris falling in Krato's Stage in Mortal Kombat.

I'm a PS3 user. So I want to know if this is a console exclusive problem or if it is present in both versions.

In my opinion, this should be fixed. Granted, one could argue "simply adapt your timming when SM uses it". However, in the midst of a match --specially in a tournament settings-- this can be truly disrupting and unfairly favors SM.

MrAvA

Smashing.
PS3...... it does everything, even lag....

I love still my ps3 though, many great games and more to come. While my 360 is just collecting dust and trying to bring me back with more kinect games :(.

Anyways I hope the ps3 is not a bad port of the game but time will tell.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
PS3...... it does everything, even lag....

I love still my ps3 though, many great games and more to come. While my 360 is just collecting dust and trying to bring me back with more kinect games :(.

Anyways I hope the ps3 is not a bad port of the game but time will tell.
I gonna assume you have the PS3 version as well. Does it lag/tremble for you too?

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
It's cause the heat zap hits the end of the arena wall. Same happens in mk9 but it doesn't tremble the screen for anyone I think

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
It's cause the heat zap hits the end of the arena wall. Same happens in mk9 but it doesn't tremble the screen for anyone I think
It's more of a shake. Still if you try doing anything when that happens it messes with your timming. That makes it difficult to punish him when it whiffs.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The screen shakes, but I don't get any lag. 360 user.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
the fact that its +10 or whatever on block gives my brain lag spikes
It's 19+ on block, but it takes a year to start up and is high (38 frames to start). If you get tagged by a 38f move at neutral (except while jumping) I have zero sympathy. I actually cannot think of a slower move in this game.

Just watch for it and jump / crouch it when he leans back and prepares to fire.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
I haven't seen it lag offline but that is only during training mode. Now, if the stage has animations in background at the same time as a zap I could see that happening. I see it lag online a lot when I'm doing corner combos with SM so it has some major disadvantages. IM super salty flipping mad if I miss an opportunity to hit someone for 60-70% in the corner.