What's new

Question - Sun God Sungod's F1B2

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
So since sungod got a megabuff, I thought i'd try him out in the lab. But I'm wary about using his f1b2. With wargod you can make it safe with df2 and with blood god, db2 totem will prevent you getting punished too hard. As far as I can see it's not possible to make it safe in sungod variation, so what do you sungod mains do? Avoid using it altogether except for a guaranteed punish? Or there some trick that I'm missing here?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So since sungod got a megabuff, I thought i'd try him out in the lab. But I'm wary about using his f1b2. With wargod you can make it safe with df2 and with blood god, db2 totem will prevent you getting punished too hard. As far as I can see it's not possible to make it safe in sungod variation, so what do you sungod mains do? Avoid using it altogether except for a guaranteed punish? Or there some trick that I'm missing here?
you can try air throw but i actually think that makes it more punishable.

Thats an easy one...use f12 when you are unsure if it will hit and use f1b2 when you have a guaranteed whiff punish on your hands. If will net you 30% meterless or 40% for 1 bar.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Airthrow is punishable yeh. Just as I thought thanks, gotta stop spamming f1b2 as sungod, it's a habit right now though lol.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
F12 is safe. Only break out the B2 if the F2 hits.

GAV

I assume you mean only use b2 if the f1 hits.. But pretty sure that's impossible to hit confirm.
Is it, really?

You can't wait to see if it hit, but you can make a pretty accurate assessment on whether it will hit or not and apply the appropriate input to take advantage.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
unfortunately f1b2 is more of a punishing tool. The b1 string in sun god leads to an easy and damaging combo that grants you a stack of sunlight (B122 DB2) as well as the option to tic throw the b1. Sun Gods offense definitely revolves around that string. F1B2 can cancel into parry if you think they will immediately try to punish and if you have decided this to be a good idea. On characters that kotals 114 does not whiff, 114 airgrab on block leaves kotal at advantage to beat a poke with his own, command grab, or throw out another string. Kotals offense revolves around these tools

GAV

that my friend, is called "making a read"
Its not a hard read though. I am rarely wrong.

If you're concerned, rely on the safe bet. The knockdown leads to some nice setups anyway.

If you run right away, you can force them to play wake-ups. You charge up, put out a sun ray, or my favorite - throw out an EX Sunstone and run behind it.

Last edited: