What's new

General/Other - Cryomancer Suggestion: Would you like Cold Blooded as special?

Lokheit

Noob
It just occured to me, thinking on how Warlock Quan Chi recently got a variation move, formerly done as the end of a string, like Cold Blooded, converted into a special move so he could use it by itself or as part of different chains.

Would you like to see this happening with Cold Blooded?

Say, Cryomancer no longer has the F4,2,1+3 string (but like the other variations, keeps the F4,2 so the old one can still be done) and gains a DF1 (normally variation exclusive moves share inputs with others and the only one left is GM DF1 as clone throw) that is basically the final hit of that same string, but as an special.

I think the variation will benefit from this, specially from these points:

- Cryomancer has zero ability to build meter fast and consumes a lot of meter to be effective, points that combined hurt the variation. Converting the move we use to finish almost every single chain into a special move would help a bit with that (UB and GM would still build more meter from clones and auras during combos that end in slide to build more too, but it would be a start).

- We could get some new combos thanks to the ability to chain anything into Cold Blooded. We would still use F4,2 for far reaching ones, but we would have the option to use more damaging strings before it. For example in the corner we could use B2, B2, 2, 4, Cold Blooded.

- Becoming a special would allow us to EX it for armor and use it as a wakeup that opponents would have to respect because of how damaging it is.

Thoughts on this? Warlock Quan Chi had a similar treatment so it's something that they've already done with other characters and not out of the realm of possibilities.

We would need to get used to change our F4,2,L1 muscle memory combo into different things, but I think it's worth it.

Lokheit

Noob
Low, overhead, command grab, AND iceclone?
Naaaa
Cold Blooded is variation exclusive, like MsMiharo and the title said. In the Quan Chi example it was another variation exclusive move. Plus, Cold Blooded hits Mid instead of Throw. The only thing this does is building just a bit of meter, offering a couple new strings as enders and the ability to wakeup with it. This doesn't affect GM variation.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Cold Blooded is variation exclusive, like MsMiharo and the title said. In the Quan Chi example it was another variation exclusive move. Plus, Cold Blooded hits Mid instead of Throw. The only thing this does is building just a bit of meter, offering a couple new strings as enders and the ability to wakeup with it. This doesn't affect GM variation.
Thought you were suggesting to make it a universal move, and to make it a command grab, which is probably what it'd be if it was a move by itself.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Low, overhead, command grab, AND iceclone?
Naaaa
Some people don't seem to understand that there is more than 1 SZ variation.

Anyway, back on topic - I say yes. This is possibly the only thing that could make me use this variation, it's so crap in comparison to the other 2, or just in comparison to Reptile, it's massively sub par. Unbreakable does aggressive play far better than this shit.

Giving it the command grab is what it needs, and can make it unique. Make the EX version open them up just like EX regular grab, and I'd love the guy. I'd officially have a replacement for Shazam.

He should have to trade ice smash for it p, DB1 is good placing for the command grab, and ice smash currently makes no sense on his kit - he already has a unique AA special and he has no clone to smash. Unbreakable doesn't have Smash, I feel like it was just tacked on to Cryomancers kit to fill up the slot.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Thought you were suggesting to make it a universal move, and to make it a command grab, which is probably what it'd be if it was a move by itself.
The title does say "Cryomancer" and he is talking about a move already only available to that variation... And If this was made a special over ice Smash, all 3 variations would each have 2 unique specials... Why would it suddenly become universal?

Last edited:

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
It just occured to me, thinking on how Warlock Quan Chi recently got a variation move, formerly done as the end of a string, like Cold Blooded, converted into a special move so he could use it by itself or as part of different chains.

Would you like to see this happening with Cold Blooded?

Say, Cryomancer no longer has the F4,2,1+3 string (but like the other variations, keeps the F4,2 so the old one can still be done) and gains a DF1 (normally variation exclusive moves share inputs with others and the only one left is GM DF1 as clone throw) that is basically the final hit of that same string, but as an special.

I think the variation will benefit from this, specially from these points:

- Cryomancer has zero ability to build meter fast and consumes a lot of meter to be effective, points that combined hurt the variation. Converting the move we use to finish almost every single chain into a special move would help a bit with that (UB and GM would still build more meter from clones and auras during combos that end in slide to build more too, but it would be a start).

- We could get some new combos thanks to the ability to chain anything into Cold Blooded. We would still use F4,2 for far reaching ones, but we would have the option to use more damaging strings before it. For example in the corner we could use B2, B2, 2, 4, Cold Blooded.

- Becoming a special would allow us to EX it for armor and use it as a wakeup that opponents would have to respect because of how damaging it is.

Thoughts on this? Warlock Quan Chi had a similar treatment so it's something that they've already done with other characters and not out of the realm of possibilities.

We would need to get used to change our F4,2,L1 muscle memory combo into different things, but I think it's worth it.
Sounds good to me. Oh and... make it + on hit ;)