What's new

(Suggestion)(Idea)Switching Variations Between Rounds

Do you like the idea of switching character variations between rounds?

• Total voters

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So I was just watching one of the gameplay videos for MKX and this idea to be able to switch variations between rounds just popped into my head. Right after the round ends, both players have roughly a 3 second window chance to switch their character variation or stick with the same one(by pressing 1,2, or 4); After the 3 seconds there is a visual showing the characters switching the variations. For example, If Scorpion switches from Ninjutsu to Hell Fire after the round he'll "flame up" while saying something like "Burn in HELL!" and his swords will dissolve in the flame(They'll visually be removed from his back). Both players won't know which variation the other picked until AFTER the 3 second window, the whole thing would take about 6 to 8 seconds between rounds, and of course you have to option to not press anything and stick with the same variation.

So what do you guys think?

Alright, it's 4:00 AM, I'm tired as hell, I'm getting some sleep now.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
That was in the air. It would be a shame to leave variations to be basically separate characters that look almost the same.

That said, it will be a huge source of issues if some character has variations that are very unlike each other. Tournament survivability of such characters may be ridiculous.

On the other hand, more yomi...
I don't know really. My answer is "maybe".

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
nope, its fine how it is that would be too wonky and im not sure if even possible if they wanted to do it