What's new

Sucking Blood (Nitara Details)

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Post Status: Unorganized Data & Incomplete Thoughts

Word from the Editor:
Believe it or not, this was my first attempt at making something to post to TYM. I revisited it often but never made something I felt comfortable posting. That being said, Nitara is going to be recieving some relatively big changes. So I wanted to take the chance to get this out so we can remember where she came from.

Coming Soon: Playstyles & Kameo Synergy
————————————————————————————
Pros & Cons

Pros

Movement - Currently uncontested for most movement options. Including 8 way dash in the air, horizontal dash with bite air or ground, low recovery Divekick, and low recovery Leap antiair.
She also has lunging normals, and her sweep can low profile while moving forward.

Survival - Realstically Nitara can siphon around 20% worth of HP in a match if she can hold momentum

Air Dominance - Duh

Whiff Punishment - ExDivekick and ExBite are high reward whiff punishment tools.

Chip - A large portion of Nitaras effective damage actually comes from her ability to wittle her opponents life down with things like blood suck, throws and staggers.

Blood Sacrifice:
Sacrifice 0.5% of HP (buffed. down from 5%) to activate a buff that enhances 3 of Nitaras special moves.

Buff Benefits:
(Ex)BF+2 recovers 5% HP. (4.5% HP profit). Consumes buff after bite. Note: The buff can expire in the middle of the animation. She has to complete the "Bite" before it expires to get the heal.

(Ex)BF+1 deals an additonal 2.7% 3% damage as a DoT. Consumes buff on hit.

(Ex)BF+3 becomes available as a 53 frame projectile. It's versatile, damaging, decent chip, and can serve as a round ender. 53 frames is incredibly slow though. Consumes buff after projectile successfully comes out.

Ex Blood Sacrifice:
There a couple of diffrences when enhancing this special move:
-Creates an aura around Nitara dealing tick damage. Has potential to drain 10% life and Nitara can heal 9% 10% (If you're being technical though she could actually get somewhere close to 14% with a well-timed bite.)

This move is basically if Kotal Khan sunlight followed him and had MKX start up. Use liberally!
Note: Nitara can not kill from blood sucking, but she can still heal even if there is no HP left to drain.

Activating/Maximizing Ex Blood Sacrifice:
Normal version can be activated whenever you get a safe chance to do so, with the main focus being to consume the buff in some way. Ex should be activated whenever you get good plus frames in their face or you anticipate a defensive response. You can get sneaky activates off of: b4, f1, and 121 on block. The opponent has to be very on the ball to get a punish, and they still dont completely win the exchange if they retaliate with a close-quarters combo or poke.

Use these tools once DoT is active to maximize:
F1 stagger
b4 cancels
plus on block kameo moves,
Close empty air dashes
DB2
1,2 staggers
S4 - +4 on block
D1

Fun fact: The frame counter says that Ex Blood Sacrifice is active for 400 frames. When divided by the 60 frame per second ratio... the buff lasts for 6.66 seconds.

Safe Blood Sacrafice Cancels:
-These moves are safe to cancel off of on HIT, you can use these if you are unsure of a hit.
-There are no safe options to cancel on block (K!). I still recommend using this on occasion because its hard to react to & you can still end up winning the scenario even if the opponent retaliates.
Note: The frame data applies to both DF4 & ExDF4. The main difference being that the normal version takes 81 frames total & Ex version takes 56 frames. In other words, you are more likely to get away with canceling into ExDF4 on block because the the opponent has less time to react.

F1(-6)
B4 (-5)
D4 (-7)
121(0)
2,2 (-9) - only launchable against cornered
Buff Benfit

The best universal counter play to the DoT is kameo throw. The kameo does not get effected by the DoT and the enemy usually is out of range for the throw. Otherwise stay away from her if you can.

Air Dashing:
-Double Air attacks are a VERY effective strategy. Air kick on the way up->dash in desired direction->air kick->confirm into bite. (Note: This strategy synergizes with Mavado.) This works with other aerials as well but theres a trade off. j1 and j2 can confirm into their strings which provides more damage but they have a much shorter air dash cancel window in the event of a whiff.
-The direction (& height) that Nitara dashes determines if the subsequent aerial attack is a mid or overhead:
Up & Down [2&8] air dash = Always overhead
Left & Right [4&6] = Overhead at a specific height. Dashes that are too close to the ground are mid.
Diagonal Up [7&9] = Always overhead
Diagonal Down [1&3] = Always Mid

~~Air Dash Meter Drain "Bug": Nitara is allowed one free airdash when she enters the air in any way thats not a string or special move (Note: ExDB2 also gives a free dash). After the freebie, subsequent dashes in a combo cost meter. If the opponent is still technically in a combo state after the freebie, Nitara can end up draining meter on a dash even if she has already landed.
Note: There used to be more egregious cases of this bug but have been patched out.~~
I haven't experienced this in a long time.

DB2 - Nitara leaves the ground in 9 frames. After that she flies up with a hitbox that lasts 13 frames and it can only hit opponents that are airborne. She will then recover on her descent for 21 frames. This move can be canceled into Ex moves (including ex air dash) on whiff at its apex only. On hit, it can cancel into any aerial special move as well. All actions can be buffered on the way up.
-This move has Upper-Body Invincibility during the 13 frame ascending hitbox. In other words, this move will beat any non-projectile moves that come from the air above her, after the 9 frame startup.
-This move can also be used to confirm a ExDive Kick off of B4 & the 3rd hit of 1,2,[12] (I did not discover this myself, credit to Deoxys)

ExDB2: Same damage, same speed. Burning meter grants 4 benefits.
-Can be canceled into regular aerial special moves on whiff.
-Can be canceled at any point on the way down (with +7 frames of airtime).
-Can be canceled into aerial normals o . hit.
-Can still use a free air dash.
The follow up after an anti-air hit needs to be adjusted depending on the height and distance that the opponent is hit at. If this move hits at MID jump height its hard to convert off of anything other than Ex Dive Kick (K!). A close hit at PEAK jump height can combo into air 1,2,4 but the BnB (df+airdash 2,4,2) has a tendency to whiff. Air 2,4 f+airdash seems to be the most consistent route.

Kameo Synergies:
When choosing a Kameo consider the 3 P's:
Playstyle, preference and problems.

Sub, Frost, Scorpion & Janet: These kameos can enable Nitara to use blood sacrifices in the middle of combos for extra healing

Sektor: Teleport Punch can combo into ExBF2 anywhere on screen. Flamethrower is restand that can also be effective at mid range (a weak spot for Nitara). Missile (effective after airDB4) grants pressure that Nitara can use to start or maintain her chip gameplan.

Khameleon: A swiss army knife of any thing Nitara could want for neutral. Ball Roll works well with her sweep. Fan Lift lets Nitara enter the sky at any point. She gets safe confirms, projectiles, and glow.

Motaro: Another swiss army knife of tools Nitara can find useful.

Shujinko: A little slept on but this is my favorite pairing for Shujinko. He allows her to confirm b4 and f1 into launchers without risk. He can body block while she actives her buff and allows good damage without meter.

Kung Lao: Low Hat + Air freedom = Mix Ups

Movado: OTG slide makes all of Nitaras hits very advantageous allowing for uncontested buff activations. Stray air hits can convert into more. Nomad gets the opponent up close.

Ambushies (Stryker, Kano, Goro) = Extended pressure. Enables a playstyle that would otherwise be too risky: F434, raw bf2, raw blood sacrafice, divekick, more armor, etc.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Cool post buddy.

What meterless combo do you do from 221 or 124?

What's a good combo that ends in Sektor or Stryker restand?

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Cool post buddy.

What meterless combo do you do from 221 or 124?

What's a good combo that ends in Sektor or Stryker restand?
As Cano has said. You may be able to get db2 into air bite. If that doesn't work than you do 124 into bite or blood spit to consume your buff, in the event you have it on.

For 221 I do:
221, dive kick, 12, db2, airDB4... Ex BloodSuck.
Im almost certain there is something better though. I try to make all my combos end with dive kick for the +frames

As for restands that's a bit harder to come up with. Her combo structure isn't really kameo summon friendly unless it's an opener/launcher (more evidence that she works well with Shujinko). She will have to cut a significant amount of her combo damage to fit them in, and it's not really worth. Maybe next patch blood spit will restand with buff on. Those types of moves are good in neutral tho