What's new

Successfully Hacked A PS4 Controller

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
If anyone wants or is interested in building your own fight sticks for PS4 and want to go a different/cheaper route than other options, I made a video showing how I hacked a PS4 controller to interface with arcade controls. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I just wanted to share because I'm sure there are/have been some people have been curious about this. Thanks - Mike

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
All the buttons use the same ground except R1/R2/L1/L2. Each side shares a separate ground (one for R1/R2 and one for L1/L2) but you have to install an 8k ohm resistor between the buttons and the grounds or you'll have feedback issues. It's got something to do with the tech on the controller's board. Yes, it can be confusing.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
All the buttons use the same ground except R1/R2/L1/L2. Each side shares a separate ground (one for R1/R2 and one for L1/L2) but you have to install an 8k ohm resistor between the buttons and the grounds or you'll have feedback issues. It's got something to do with the tech on the controller's board. Yes, it can be confusing.
Where would you get one of these resistors?