What's new

Subsidized Xbox One...do you think it's coming?

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I'm still hopeful, though there hasn't been any info stating that it will be coming. The X1 being $250 - $300 at launch vs only having a $500 price point is the difference between me getting one before Christmas vs at tax time.

Anyway, do you guys think it's coming at all? If it does/doesn't, will that color your buying decision at all?

WTB cheaper version for the colorblind. Can't use all those colors. Refuse to pay for them.

Disclaimer: I am not actually color blind. Just being difficult.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
What makes you think there'd be one? I haven't heard of any console being subsidized.
That's what the talk has been about ever since MS started selling the subsidized 360 model years ago. That the next console would be subsidized. The are many sources who have said MS would be going in that direction, but but there hasn't been any official word yet. With Gamescon and the other few shows coming up, I was just wondering if anyone else was hopeful. I guess not.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Meh. They have no reason to unless the PS4 outsells it by at least 5:1 in the first fiscal year.

Let's just hope they don't leave it until almost 4 years down the line like Sony did with the PS3, to the point where the vast majority had already given up hope of an affordable upfront cost and built up a substantial library for their 360s instead.

Me personally, I'm letting next gen play out for another year, but I've had at least two system per generation so I'm sure I'll be enticed somehow as long as they're not pulling a bait and switch with the DRM firmware.

aj1701

Noob
That's what the talk has been about ever since MS started selling the subsidized 360 model years ago. That the next console would be subsidized. The are many sources who have said MS would be going in that direction, but but there hasn't been any official word yet. With Gamescon and the other few shows coming up, I was just wondering if anyone else was hopeful. I guess not.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I must be out of the loop I didn't know they were doing that.