What's new

Video/Tutorial Sub-Zeros lost Special-Move

Kwon

---->----
Watch the clip at around 0:20, when was that taken out and given to Cyber instead?

At what stage of development did he have it?
Why show it in a Gameplay-vid when he isn't having it at release? ;)

At 0:20

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Zomg. Never realized this was in the trailer before launch until now. IMO, if Sub-Zero still had this (even along side Cyber), it could make him exponentially better (maybe not x10, but like...x2 or 3?) I say get rid of the ice puddle, give him the parry, along with clones and ice balls, he becomes dominant over a lot of the cast. Finally...Kitana d1 shenanigans? Parry dat ass! Milleena trying to d4 to death? Parry dat ass! Granted against some characters, (a la Reptile and his forceballs), the parry wouldn't be a huge deal, but with the addition of an actually useful move Sub-Zero could've remained dominant.

Probably because it was broken. It looks like a Red Parry from TS, which would pretty much rape everything in the fucking game.

Kwon

---->----
I'm assuming alot of people would say Sub would be OP if he had his old Ice-Parry back ;)

When too close to the enemy drop an Ice Clone, use the Ice Parry!

Not many would be able to lay their hands on him :D

I for one wouldn't mind him having it alongside Cyber though, but that's just me!

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Probably because it was broken.
I could see that reasoning, seeing as how this one seems to freeze them solid, opened for any combo, with cyber's actually attacking making it fairly limited in terms of "huge damage." I still say even with an attack counter, Sub-Zero would perform loads better against Kitana and Mileena. Everytime they try to poke, they'll eat a whatever-percent-damage-cyber-Sub-Zero's-parry-is hit, instead of Sub eating 2-4% to death, dying in agonizing and humilating defeat.

Kwon

---->----
Finally...Kitana d1 shenanigans? Parry dat ass!

Milleena trying to d4 to death? Parry dat ass! Granted against some characters, (a la Reptile and his forceballs), the parry wouldn't be a huge deal, but with the addition of an actually useful move Sub-Zero could've remained dominant.
The Ice-Parry isn't working on low attacks i believe, you can for example sweep during the parry.

Funny thing is i was expecting Sub to have the parry though, after i saw that Clip before i got the game. :D

Pity they took it away from him!

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Looks like the parry and ex parry were once Sub-Zeros. I seem to remember a gameplay where the Sub-Zero. Human Sub-Zero. Did a parry and caught a scorpion as he teleported. Looked very cool so, it seems that it was given to Cyber quite late one.

To me It feels like Cyber was tacked on, like he was just another sub-zero skin before but later was given Cyraxes teleport, cheap broken bombs which have horrible button design, a freeze, a slide and the parry. The only unique thing about him could be the dive kick, though it is quite similar to Kung Laos.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
The Ice-Parry isn't working on low attacks i believe, you can for example sweep during the parry.

Funny thing is i was expecting Sub to have the parry though, after i saw that Clip before i got the game. :D

Pity they took it away from him!
I agree...mained sub since released, NRS made me switch because of the horrendus abuse the gave him. And in regards to lows not being parried, maybe EX parry? Somthing rather than nothing, stuck eating fan pokes lol.

I could see that reasoning, seeing as how this one seems to freeze them solid, opened for any combo, with cyber's actually attacking making it fairly limited in terms of "huge damage." I still say even with an attack counter, Sub-Zero would perform loads better against Kitana and Mileena. Everytime they try to poke, they'll eat a whatever-percent-damage-cyber-Sub-Zero's-parry-is hit, instead of Sub eating 2-4% to death, dying in agonizing and humilating defeat.
only ex freezes solid in another video..its just like csz's only with subby smaller sword

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I choose to believe this:

yeah so the thing here is that he never put out a clone.... So i'm sure that they traded the parry for the clone
Either way, if he had the parry and the clone, he would have been completely unapproachable.

this was before the cyber sub character was designed. when cyber was made, there was no point to have 2 characters with the ice parry. sub was given a clone, cyber the parry.

make no mistake, clone > parry by far.

Wouldn't sub be retarded if he had this on top of his ice clone? Either way he doesn't need it lol.
yes yes he would....

cyber subs parry is extremely annoying if they are good with it because it comes out so fast. Thinking about ice clone traps+22+ getting a full combo off parry ...thats a game i dont want to play lol

Kwon

---->----
this was before the cyber sub character was designed. when cyber was made, there was no point to have 2 characters with the ice parry. sub was given a clone, cyber the parry.
Thanks Tom! Was curious under what stage of development this happened! :)

Thanks for the clarification!