What's new

Strategy Sub Zero's Anti-Air Options

well, sub is at the bottom/mid of the mid tier. what i said shouldnt have had any sub player get upset because its the truth.

Seapeople

This one's for you
2~ice blast is the best anti air and 100% consistent vs all jump ins. maybe if this forum didnt shun everything tom brady and actually watched or posted even ONE match vid of mine this would be common knowledge by now. sub-zero's 2 is one of the absolute best aa's in the game. you cannot jump at sub-zero..

its upsetting to see just how bad the state of this sub-zero forum is. by far its the character forum with the least amount of info and knowledge.
A lot of people on the Sub forums are just starting to learn him I think. Maybe not... But there's 10 pages of Sub Zero discussion and some of it is really good. This forum has some great info but its really spread out - that's the problem imo.

I don't think there's a lot of new Sub tech to be found. The only new info worth discussing is specific matchups.

Good to see you again Tom :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
2~ice blast is the best anti air and 100% consistent vs all jump ins. maybe if this forum didnt shun everything tom brady and actually watched or posted even ONE match vid of mine this would be common knowledge by now. sub-zero's 2 is one of the absolute best aa's in the game. you cannot jump at sub-zero..

its upsetting to see just how bad the state of this sub-zero forum is. by far its the character forum with the least amount of info and knowledge.
Its even more upsetting to see you condemn an entire board(many of whom stil acknowledge you as the best of the subzero players) when there are really only a few haters. You have a tendency to generalize things Tom. You see it in black and white. If one person is against you that means everyone is against you. Life is shades of grey brother.

As for 2,ice blast, not only did I mention it, but I used you as the example for it.
Alternatively, and this isnt one I use a whole lot, but Ive seen Tom Brady abuse the hell out of this, You can wait till they get lower and just use the first 2 to AA them. The first 2 doesnt have the range of the sword but its just as good an AA as anything else when they are coming down on you. And you can still cancel 2 into ice blast for full combo. The timing when just using the first 2 is a little stricter but with a little practice can definitely be done consistantly.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Gotta get these tiers outta your head man.

Focus on opponents playstyles - movements etc rather than having a negative mentality about your character. There is always something to exploit in the mind of the other player, even if it is a shitty match up.

Panque

Random foreign guy

I'm glad you are posting info even after you dropped rhee character, didn't expect you to show up. Many thanks, I will try to aa with 2 and see if I can master it.

Its even more upsetting to see you condemn an entire board(many of whom stil acknowledge you as the best of the subzero players) when there are really only a few haters. You have a tendency to generalize things Tom. You see it in black and white. If one person is against you that means everyone is against you. Life is shades of grey brother.

As for 2,ice blast, not only did I mention it, but I used you as the example for it.
not saying it was everyone, but it was enough to derail most topics here. i'm way past any hater BS, i just wanted to pop in and help some of these guys out with his proper AA and figured i'd remind ppl that there are no high level tourney match vids posted in this board and i think that vids like that could help with something like proper AA.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I went to what is probably the biggest FG tournament my country has ever seen used to online lag (I must have played like 20-30 matches offline with friends, ages ago). Needless to say, I got pwnd. Didn't think it would be so bad, since I play most of the top players around here all the time online and I manage to get a few wins... But it was bad. REALLY bad. I felt like I was relearning everything.

It's a whole different game man...
I don't even play online when I'm getting ready for a tournament. It's two separate games, man. As weird as it sounds, that's the truth. The timing is different, the reaction... If I spend few hours playing online and leave it to play offline casuals with friends I get raped. It takes few matches to get used with the speed of the game.

To be pretty fuckin' honest raw with ya, I also happens to play with some top players once in a while and I own sometimes. The truth is: this means nothing.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying online is useless, lol. It's good to get some taste of match ups that you have no clue about. But that's about it.

I don't disagree with you at all. I did drop him.
You dropped him for Scorpion? I find it very, very, very entertaining to watch a good Scorpion playing, but let's face it. He's even worse than Sub-Zero. He is like the king of the unsafe moves, lol.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I don't even play online when I'm getting ready for a tournament. It's two separate games, man. As weird as it sounds, that's the truth. The timing is different, the reaction... If I spend few hours playing online and leave it to play offline casuals with friends I get raped. It takes few matches to get used with the speed of the game.

To be pretty fuckin' honest raw with ya, I also happens to play with some top players once in a while and I own sometimes. The truth is: this means nothing.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying online is useless, lol. It's good to get some taste of match ups that you have no clue about. But that's about it.

You dropped him for Scorpion? I find it very, very, very entertaining to watch a good Scorpion playing, but let's face it. He's even worse than Sub-Zero. He is like the king of the unsafe moves, lol.
Uh, no. I respect you and all but honestly, Scorpion is amazing when played right, don't judge him off the online scrubs who play him because he says "get over here" and throws a stringy thingy. And he isn't just strict unsafe 50/50s. That's just his most rewarding play style, but most risky. That's pretty balanced IMO. Sub Zero is meh now, I really only bust him out against the occasional Cage or Sonya, but I prefer Noob in those match-ups anyways. Scorpion is completely safe with his 50/50s against most characters with a simple back dash. You can also manipulate your opponent into second guessing himself because of the constant safe 11 (33, 21, etc) takedown and F4,3 keep eating their health for free. Then there is the simple JIP throw/JIP 111 mix up that leads to 41% because they thought you were going to do a throw. There is so much more than I could cover in this post... And I'm a day 3 Scorpion.

For the record, PL had him in top 3. That says a lot right there.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
My judgement came off Slips, is that enough? :)

What's so cool about Scorpion is that even the large majority of his moves are unsafe, he has tremendous quantity of options. But at least the HAS options, you know what I mean? Sub-Zero doesn't have much options. He is pretty raw straight forward. His overhead is slow as fuck, he doesn't have a combination of high and low combos like Cyber Sub, for instance.

What do you mean by PL had him in top 3? Tier listing?

Enenra

Go to hell.
My judgement came off Slips, is that enough? :)

What's so cool about Scorpion is even the large majority of his moves are unsafe, he has tremendous quantity of options. But at least the HAS options, you know what I mean? Sub-Zero doesn't have much options. He is pretty raw straight forward. His overhead is slow as fuck, he doesn't have a combination of high and low combos like Cyber Sub, for instance.

What do you mean by PL had him in top 3? Tier listing?
That's a fair thing to base him off lol :). Yeah he has hella options. Yes, PL had him as number 3 in the tier listing.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-top-5-project.13242/page-13#post-257311

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Slips was the first (and only) trully impressive Scorpion that I've ever seem. His precision is almost surgical! I was rotting for him so much in that tourney that he was at finals with PL.

Some crazy shit in these top tiers, man. Quan Chi was in REO's top5, I mean wtf? LOL!

Back to the topic...

About the 2~Ice Blast, I do it sometimes, but most of the times it comes out by mistake (lol) when I'm trying to do 2,2~Ice Blast. I've seem TB using it once in a while in his matches, but never really tried it. I'll put this into practice.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Why not 22 ice though?

consistent when used properly,right?as in when someone is about to start landing?

even if his moves are unsafe, he somehow manages to get easy damage in, he has all the tools u would want from a top tier character. its really weird because this game is so much about safe moves and scorpion defies all that by still doing good

scorpion manages to be at least a tier in my books and since slips last tourney a lot of people think alike.

and I have to say subzero is the character that suffered the most from the patches, they basically took everything from him