What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub Zero theory fighting

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
You were talking specifically about using the XR parry along with the ice clone, which you felt made Sub-Zero a huge threat. You used the example of having someone in the corner with ice clone and then using Sub's XR parry to pressure them into not getting out. I was continuing to discuss this theory.

Also, lots of things in FGs are guesses, or " reads", and your XR parry could be baited out if the opp was clever enough.
Its too hard to explain what I am thinking without the game in front of us. Very good discussion though, kind of LOL. I enjoy running through scenarios since its all we can do until the game is out

Its too hard to explain what I am thinking without the game in front of us. Very good discussion though, kind of LOL. I enjoy running through scenarios since its all we can do until the game is out
Sorry, I didn't mean to put your theories down or put a damper on your enthusiasm. Like I said I'm very excited to have Sub's new XR mechanic and so I was just interested to hear your ideas on how it worked well with ice clone (because I love ice clone).

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
You were talking specifically about using the XR parry along with the ice clone, which you felt made Sub-Zero a huge threat. You used the example of having someone in the corner with ice clone and then using Sub's XR parry to pressure them into not getting out. I was continuing to discuss this theory.

Also, lots of things in FGs are guesses, or " reads", and your XR parry could be baited out if the opp was clever enough.
Things like this get found early and patched. Great for day 0 kombos but it doesn't make Sub S tier. Which seems like what op wants

Well, Sub-Zero's XR mechanics aren't something to be found after release, because they're already evident (and clearly intentional), but the game has a long time before release, so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed a lot of things by then.

Last edited: