What's new

Question - Grandmaster Sub Zero Grandmaster vs Inferno Scorpion help

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
What Inferno specifics is troubling you? Personally I think Ninjutsu is better for this matchup but I'm always interested in hearing different approaches, are you getting caught by minion hands a lot?

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
What Inferno specifics is troubling you? Personally I think Ninjutsu is better for this matchup but I'm always interested in hearing different approaches, are you getting caught by minion hands a lot?
Just everything at the moment i just freeze up. I just need to learn how to defend against him.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Keep on the move, I think the low minion will whiff if you're moving. EX minion tracks though. I'm not sure about the overhead ones.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Key things you need to know for Scorpion,

B3 - Hits low, cannot be hit confirmed into full combos though and the final hit is overhead of the string. If you have something 7 frames or quicker you can punish this.
F4 - His launching overhead, 24 frames start up so by default you should be blocking low. This is -8 on block also but can be hit confirmed if the Scorpion is on point so be mindful of follow ups.
F2 - His single hitting overhead, very plus on hit but negavtive on block so you can move or counter poke.

Inferno has 3 minion assits, all of which are extremely bad on block, if you block these make sure you move in. EX low minion tracks, the overhead one knocks down, the horizontal one hits mid.

Both teleports are full combo punished on block, hit mid, the EX has two hits though so don't go to punish early or you will get launcher. Spear hits high and is extremely bad on whiff and block, Sub Zero's slide may go under this but haven't tested this myself.

His 114 and B121 strings are only -1 on block, so be mindful of his follow ups. The rest of his strings are negative so make sure you look into what your answers are.