What's new

Strategy - Grandmaster Sub Zero Clone Smash corner combos

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Since Sub Zero was nerfed and I feel it is important we start moving from the back2 back2 d1 back1 2 clone combo to clone smash combos. There is plenty of time to confirm and the damage is much higher, around the 40s. Since you smash the clone you reset the cool down. I tried to make the combos as optimized as possible because now Sub Zero needs the damage more than ever. I started using the 1 2 combo because the first hit looks like a back2 faking an overhead then the 2 hits low, it also has more range and is faster than back3 3. I forgot to make a combo video on female characters but the universal option for now is back3 clone instead of back1 2. Honestly if they were fixing errors that should have been one. We need to start smashing/throwing clones now to keep the cool down from hurting us. Also I feel we should block less when behind the clone and just duck or slide away from an attack. Here is my video please enjoy it and post suggestions or advice.

edit - So I accidently got the back1 2 clone to work on Cassie but the height/timing is really strict and random. The height I froze her was around Sub Zero's waist. I'll make a video later of it. Not very useful due to difficulty but good to know.

Stand strong my Lin Kuei brethren. We must use our Unbreakable will to protect the Grandmaster and show the world the power of the Cryomancer.

to

Last edited:

PwnStar

Noob
use bj1, f12 after nj1. It is a much stronger set up and should burn more time waiting for clone to refresh.