What's new

Sub Zero Clone - recharge timer???

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Today I labbed Sub for the first time since the beta and I noticed something I am sure was different before.

When u do a clone and it disappaers on its own u arent able to put out another one for like a solid 3-4 seconds???

Has this always been like that? I feel like that was definitely not a thing in the beta, or am I crazy?
Honestly, I hope Im doing smth wrong, this would suck... I didnt even plan on playing Sub, but this kinda makes me lose interest in him further rn..,.

Also the change to his divekick in combos sucks, off of b2 b2 it behaves like super weird and doesnt connect properly half the time.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
The klone was nerfed in 2 ways. It stays for 1 second instead of 1.5 and it has a cool down of 3.5 instead of 2.5 seconds.

F1 is now 15 frames up for 12.

Damage nerf, he does less damage with 3 bars than 1. Takes both Sareena cameos and a bar to crack 40%.

And as Tom Brady pointed out in his new video, the only strings he can jail off a D1 on hit have gaps.

I don’t want to act like a lunatic but he’s pretty challenging to play right now, I’m sure a lot of the cast’s damage will be nerfed a bit. Hopefully he gets the gaps in 122 or 212 fixed, because I know they’re not gonna revert the ice klone nerfs. Would be nice if he hit a bit harder and ice ball froze longer since it’s slow as fuck and almost useless in trades since they don’t stay frozen long. And he only gets 26% off a freeze on a grounded opponent.
Dankster answered my question and a bit more :) sucks for Sub tbh

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Dankster answered my question and a bit more :) sucks for Sub tbh
Funny enough, Tom Brady just put out a video and I saw it after our conversation, going over what he wants for Sub. It is very reasonable stuff, but I know he’s gonna get shat on sadly.

I’m still optimistic about Sub and I love playing him. I love his play style but it is frustrating making the right choice, trading a projectile with the slow ass ice ball but maybe only getting a slide out of it, having someone jump into the klone, and doing a full combo elsewhere, and still losing the round because x character touched you twice. I know people are uhmmmm…… “sensitive” about the ice klone. But the way it’s implemented in this game is “conservative” to say the least. As Brady pointed out in his video and anyone paying attention to Sub notices, he is in recovery for almost the entire duration of the klone and the cooldown is almost double MKX. Without having the corner 33/33/33 for 50% meterless anymore, I don’t see why it had to be gimped so bad. This is more of just a brain dump, I’m not trying to bitch, I DO LIKE HIM AND UNDERSTAND ITS BEEN ONLY A WEEK, let’s be patient and calm and see where he actually falls in with the rest of the cast. NRS has treated us well the last couple games, it seems like they really want to make a balanced experience. Game was obviously rushed. At the very least he’s FUN and I’m excited to get as good as I possibly can with him.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yh, Im with u for sure.

I was just disappointed, Sub was really fun in the beta and I thought his power level was generally fine?? With all the crazy stuff characters like Sindel or Geras can do I feel like even the beta version would not be too much?? Maybe his damage was a bit high for the effort but nrs sure changed that...

i just really hate how quickly the clone disappears, it was already quick before but now it just borders on being useless for actual pressure... if u try and go for the b2/b3 "mix" it just disappears while ure doing the string and u still get punished the same, so whats the point?? The opponent basically has to wake up jump to even land in it before its gone, at this rate i just dont really see the point? Maybe its better than I think rn, but it seems way worse than before, even tho I thought it wasnt op in the beta

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yh, Im with u for sure.

I was just disappointed, Sub was really fun in the beta and I thought his power level was generally fine?? With all the crazy stuff characters like Sindel or Geras can do I feel like even the beta version would not be too much?? Maybe his damage was a bit high for the effort but nrs sure changed that...

i just really hate how quickly the clone disappears, it was already quick before but now it just borders on being useless for actual pressure... if u try and go for the b2/b3 "mix" it just disappears while ure doing the string and u still get punished the same, so whats the point?? The opponent basically has to wake up jump to even land in it before its gone, at this rate i just dont really see the point? Maybe its better than I think rn, but it seems way worse than before, even tho I thought it wasnt op in the beta
The klone is definitely useless for pressure, by the time Sub-Zero can move it’s basically gone, I use instant air klone a lot to catch jumps but if I’m reading a jump in that consistently I’m just gonna upblock. It’s still useful for obvious reasons but you definitely can’t pressure because of the bad recovery and how unsafe cancels on block are.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yh I agree for sure!

Its not like its got no more use, but it just doesnt create offensive pressure at all anymore. It seems like NRS wanted it to be more of a defensive tool? Idk, I just find that a bit lame... o well

something that does kinda piss me off is that even the ex clone doesnt give u pressure, it just puts u too far away to really do anything before the clones are gone... it just really feels like subs supposed to be played more defensively now, I dont really like how the changes take away some playstyle freedom and creativity tho, I like offensive Sub :(