What's new

Tech - Cryomancer Sub blowing up wake-ups tech

So I was messing with cryomnacer subzero yesterday and I noticed that air hammer was two hits so it would be good for blowing up wake-ups. I looked through the cryomancer guide and the sz forums in general, but didn't see anything like this. What this will not work on are advancing wake ups such as Raiden's fly and Goro's punch walk. Either way I thought it was pretty cool and the video shows how it can work midscreen or there are 3 different possibilities in the corner. When you do it you want to slightly crossover them which will reverse yours and their inputs, but still keep them in the corner when you land. If you do it too late you will land in the corner and if you do it too early one of the hits will miss. This also works against raiden's vicinty blast, dvorah's ovipositor rush, and ermac's teleport among many others probably. I have videos of those if people want to see them. If people want to help me test this I can update the OP with what it works against.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Not only are you doing it off of very prematurely dropped combos, but the wakeups you mentioned are all punishable.

If something is punishable then you outright punish it, whether that is blocking or stuffing it.

Effective setups are those that deal with the opponent's wakeup and allow you to pressure at the same time, reading a full combo punishable wakeup and choosing to stuff it with an 11% hammer instead of a 40% combo is absolutely useless.

Not only are you doing it off of very prematurely dropped combos, but the wakeups you mentioned are all punishable.

If something is punishable then you outright punish it, whether that is blocking or stuffing it.

Effective setups are those that deal with the opponent's wakeup and allow you to pressure at the same time, reading a full combo punishable wakeup and choosing to stuff it with an 11% hammer instead of a 40% combo is absolutely useless.
Well obviously it's not an optimal combo it's off a b2... The combo beforehand isn't the point. The point is that it crosses their inputs and stuffs a wakeup, and it may work on some safe wake ups even if the ones I listed aren't. How is this not the same as say kung jin or anyone else stuffing wakeups?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
^^Also, if I'm not mistaken, isn't hammer punishable on whiff? So delayed wakeups will always be a problem rather than for a normal that stuffs wakeups like KJ.