What's new

Strategy - Stunt Double Stunt Double Johnny Cage's Chip Damage Guide. Much WOW!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yo guys, Stunt Double Johnny Cage is a chip damage beast. I found myself in the lab trying to maximize my chip damage for any given meter/clones situation. I’ve broken every situation down, and provided the damage and bar built. The results are below.

Disclaimer: All testing was done with Reptiles’s EX Slide, Sub Zero’s EX Slide, and Kung Lao’s EX spin. The unsafe block strings are truly unsafe if your opponent knows when to armor out. You also cannot block string into clone cancel into more block strings if your opponent knows how to get out. All bar built listed was best estimation.

Hollywood Hypothetics: Let’s say you have 2 bars and you just got your clones out. You manage to land F2,4,. You could finish it out without a bar for 23%. If you had used a bar you could have stretched that out to 34%. Not bad. And your opponent was left standing. Now you can 1,1 into whatever mixup you please. However if your opponent blocks correctly you maybe, picked up a couple % more chip. Or worst case, you get punished for going low and because it got blocked.

What if instead of burning the bar for the combo, you do the 23% combo, and then get 19.25% chip damage block sting guaranteed? You burned 2 bars doing this, but gained 1 back while doing it. It’s like you only burned 1 and now instead of 34% damage, you did 42.25%. Guaranteed! Even if you only have 1 bar and 1 clone, you can do your 23% combo, then land 11.5 (34.5% total) in chip and build back ~0.7 bar. You also might open them up if they let go of block. There is no downside to this. And if you’re really brave you can do the unsafe versions for even more chip. WOW!

I honestly feel like this could be the new meta to SD Johnny’s game. Getting your clones out in a block string cancel is amazing, but it’s flawed. There’s a couple ways for every character to get out of the situation. I’ve played hundreds of games and found plenty of opportunities to whip out my clones at range and then use the clone shadow kick to get in for pressure. That doesn’t mean we should stop doing clone cancels in block strings, but it means Johnny’s game just has more depth. Add this to your arsenal.

I feel like this concept has even more room to grow. Let’s work together and figure out where this can go.

P.S.: If you land a jump in punch into that 29% chip damage string and finish it for 30.25% chip, your dick might explode from the awesomeness.

@Biologic
@Wrath0594
@NY_Jailhouse
@Movieland KerrHolden

Anyone else need tagged?

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
0 Bars

0 Clones

Safe: B3,4,3 3.75% Damage ~0.2 Bar Built

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB3 5.13% Damage ~0.4 Bar Built

1 Clone

Unsafe: 3,3,3~BF4, B3,4~BD3 9.01% Damage ~0.5 Bar Built

2 Clones

Unsafe: 3,3,3~BF4, B3,4~BF4, B3,4~BD3 12.89% Damage ~0.8 Bar Built

1 Bar

0 Clones:

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX) 8.25% Damage ~0.5 Bar Built

1 Clone

Safe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 11.5% Damage ~0.7 Bar Built

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~BD3 12.8% ~0.8 Bar Built

2 Clones

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~BF4, B3,4, BD3 16.76% Damage ~0.95 Bar Built

2 Bars

0 clones:

1 Clone:

Safe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 11.5% Damge ~0.7 Bar Built

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX) 16% Damage ~0.8 Bar Built

2 Clones:

Safe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 19.25% Damage ~1.05 Bars Built

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX) 23.75% Damge ~1.20 Bars Built

3 Bars:

0 Clones:

1 Clone:

Safe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 11.5% Damge ~0.7 Bar Built

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX) 16% Damage ~0.8 Bar Built

2 Clones:

Safe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 19.25% Damage ~1.05 Bars Built

Unsafe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB2(EX), F3~DB1(EX) 29% Damage ~1.25 Bar Built

Last edited:

rafaw

#YouSuck
Dont get me wrong, but this is already known, in General discussion we already break this down, but its good to get a thread just for it.
You could make the combos more compact, you listed the same safe combo in all cases, when you say 2 bars and it dont even use a bar.
GJ anyways.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
if the opponent gets hit by the last it of 333 and bam no chip, no conversion. only works in corner. getting hit by the third 3 would ultimately do less damage than the entire block string

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
if the opponent gets hit by the last it of 333 and bam no chip, no conversion. only works in corner. getting hit by the third 3 would ultimately do less damage than the entire block string
If the opponent is smart enough to do this and you catch him reading it then yolo a nut punch at the end. He probably wont do it again.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Some Cage's do this to me and I will typically let off block during the pressure and just take the knockdown.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Everything I posted was options. If you take away options your game becomes 1 dimensional. Not saying any of this is the sure fire way to go...All this is concept material.

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
The long ones are terribly impractical (but still cool nonetheless) because they are gonna take a hit at some point and I wanna be ready to combo off it or at least get 11 pressure.

At least 1 clone, 1 meter

F24->DB1(EX), rc~11 pressure

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
The long ones are terribly impractical (but still cool nonetheless) because they are gonna take a hit at some point and I wanna be ready to combo off it.

F24~DB1(EX), rc~11 pressure

If they get hit at any point you are ready for an easy transition into a combo and if they do block they are still going to be facing that 11 pressure.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The long ones are terribly impractical (but still cool nonetheless) because they are gonna take a hit at some point and I wanna be ready to combo off it.

F24~DB1(EX), rc~11 pressure

If they get hit at any point you are ready for an easy transition into a combo and if they do block they are still going to be facing that 11 pressure.
Just wanted to say, this wasn't about practicality. It was showing the optimal block strings, clone, and meter usage for the most chip damage. However, you're correct about finding a way to set them up for a 1,1. That is, unless you're on the verge of killing them. Then you chipping them out becomes more important than a 1,1 into pressure because they're locked in. Know your health bars!

Also, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 is actually very practical. I've ended a few matches with it. You can even take off the B3,4,3 at the end and change it into 1,1. However, you lose 2.75% damage, and dont build a full bar back.

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
Just wanted to say, this wasn't about practicality. It was showing the optimal block strings, clone, and meter usage for the most chip damage. However, you're correct about finding a way to set them up for a 1,1. That is, unless you're on the verge of killing them. Then you chipping them out becomes more important than a 1,1 into pressure because they're locked in. Know your health bars!

Also, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 is actually very practical. I've ended a few matches with it. You can even take off the B3,4,3 at the end and change it into 1,1. However, you lose 2.75% damage, and dont build a full bar back.
I just don't like the JIP. If the DB1 connects the JIP will whiff and break your block string and you won't get 20%. I'd rather go rc, 11, 1+3 at the end if they're really blocking that much.

rafaw

#YouSuck
and in case you are going to chip then with 333xxExdb1~jip 333.... end it with 214 to get the Van Damme kick brutality if you both are facing the camera! just bc its fun AF.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
and in case you are going to chip then with 333xxExdb1~jip 333.... end it with 214 to get the Van Damme kick brutality if you both are facing the camera! just bc its fun AF.
Fucking love this Brutality. I've lost a couple matches trying to set it up. lol.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Fucking love this Brutality. I've lost a couple matches trying to set it up. lol.
Me too, lol!
The brutality im getting a lot last matchs is the one with the clone shadow kick! its nice too.
But his best is the one thats fistcuffs only(b2121212 on block), and i dont play FC =(

Biologic

Noob
It's been a while since I've actually looked through these forums, but this is awesome, I've actually been exploring this myself, I'll see if I can write something up & add to this at some point, thanks for sharing :)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Just wanted to let you guys know that I went through his chip damage after MKXL dropped. Looks like he lost 5-8% overall damage on his long chip strings. But it's considerably higher on short strings.

For instance, Safe: 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, 3,3,3~DB1(EX), JIP, B3,4,3 19.25% Damage ~1.05 Bars Built

The damage is now 17.8%. An 8% drop in overall damage.

But just doing 333, which used to be 3%, is now 2.4%. A 20% drop in overall damage. I used to chip guys out with 333~Nut punch at the end of a match because it did something like 6% damage. Now it only does about 4.2%. Going to have to keep an eye on that health bar now.

In all reality, it's a minor nerf. Just wanted to update this post.