What's new

Struggling with my controller.

hitmanwa

Noob
Hey all, first time poster. I haven't played a fighting game since Tekken 4 and I recently picked IGAU up and can't seem to put it down. Love these forums too, tons of helpful advice. I just bought a 360 a week ago, been a PS3 guy until now. I am struggling with the controller though. I press back and I go up, forward and crouch. I use the D-Pad on the standard controller. Do you guys rec another controller? Should I buy and adapter and use the PS3 controller? I don't mind spending the money on what I need to help my game. Maybe it'll just take more time to adjust.

Also played online last night and the timing seemed different. I have TW Turbo with good speed but it still feels different than playing online. Practice Practice?

Thanks all,

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
If you are used to a ps3 controller, buy a ps2 controller and get an inpin converter to play on ps3 and an etokki converter to play on 360. This way you have one controller to play on 2 systems.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey all, first time poster. I haven't played a fighting game since Tekken 4 and I recently picked IGAU up and can't seem to put it down. Love these forums too, tons of helpful advice. I just bought a 360 a week ago, been a PS3 guy until now. I am struggling with the controller though. I press back and I go up, forward and crouch. I use the D-Pad on the standard controller. Do you guys rec another controller? Should I buy and adapter and use the PS3 controller? I don't mind spending the money on what I need to help my game. Maybe it'll just take more time to adjust.

Also played online last night and the timing seemed different. I have TW Turbo with good speed but it still feels different than playing online. Practice Practice?

Thanks all,
Troll mode [off] on

Welcome sir! I'd definitely reccomend a ps2 controller with a converter! Probably your best option. I play injustice on a dual modded fight stick. It's a bit pricey but I enjoy the feel. If your looking for something Xbox pad ish they have the ones with the rotating dpad that makes it more like a ps3 controller but I found they break easy so make sure you get some sort of replacement warranty. Add me up on xbl for games anytime! Tag is STBShujinkydink

Gobblerr

Noob
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm tired of using Xbox controllers. I'm going with a ps2 controller with the etokki converter. The only problem is, I've been waiting for over 2 weeks now for the etokki converters to be re-stocked. :(

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm tired of using Xbox controllers. I'm going with a ps2 controller with the etokki converter. The only problem is, I've been waiting for over 2 weeks now for the etokki converters to be re-stocked. :(
Try ebay. There is a guy from Pennsylvania that has a bunch in stock. It were i got mine.