What's new

Question - Royal Storm Struggling with Kitana

Hey guys, i recently picked up Kitana in her Royal Storm variation. Now, iv'e got pretty much a combo for every situation, and can hit them consistently if i hit the starter, however my problem is well, hitting the starter. Kitana is my first character that doesn't have a 50/50, so im completely lost on how to open people up. I know i can get 40 + % off 11xxEXfan, the combo i can do, hitting any starter is my problem. Am i supposed to just wait till they do something unsafe then go from there with a 11/111 punish ?

Any help on opening them up and actually hitting combo starters is greatly appreciated, cheers.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I don't play Kitty, but I know a couple of things.

- Frustrate you opponent with zoning. Keep chucking out fans until they get impatient and make mistakes, then punish with the big damage combos.
- You have strings that are neutral and plus on block, use them and bait reactions or continue pressure if they decide to just block until they get impatient again.
- Throws, throws, throws.
- I saw a lot of Kitana players jumping and using float to bait reactions if the opponent expects a fan, then react accordingly and do damage.

Not to mention that if your air fans catch an opponent in the air from anywhere on the screen you can convert into good damage.

Last edited:
Most of my damage comes from throws, whiff punishing with f22/f112 or lift, armoring out of pressure with ex rising fan, zoning, and 11 ex fan punishes

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
It's kinda hard to open people up since she doesn't have 50/50s so you have to go for gimmicks to bait your opponent. The safest way of playing her the propper way is by zoning like they already told you. You can add me if you want and I can give you a demonstration on how to play with her. It's a lame way to play, but that's her game. Other than that she can pretty much be read when she's pressuring.
XBL or PSN: Airvidal17