What's new

Streaming Question

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I keep reading conflicting information, so was hoping someone on TYM could clear this up for me.

I'm going to be buying either a PS4 or XB1 and I plan on streaming MKX. I know they both have built-in streaming apps, but apparently you also have to buy a streaming device, like an elgato. Is this accurate? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Espio

Kokomo
No, you don't need to buy separate hardware or software for it, you're good to go right out the box. PlayStation plus is required for online on PS4 now and Microsoft is same story obviously, but no additional expenses to stream.

You don't have to.

The best way to stream would be by using one of those though. If you use a capture card, then you can set your stream up on your PC and operate everything from there. This way you can have notifications such as follow alerts, sub alerts, donation alerts and shit like that pop up on stream.

This way you can also create your own customized overlays for your stream and you can use a webcam. I know you can use the PS4 cam but that's about all you can do when you stream strictly from the PS4