What's new

Stream Authority - Get Your Twitch Channel Featured

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey all, I'm building a website for live streamers called stream-authority.com. The idea is to provide tutorials, reviews, and other resources to help streamers succeed, as well as to help viewers find new channels to watch. The website is still heavily under construction, but I expect to be mostly finished by this Friday, and will be releasing new content every week (like this guide on how to pick a good microphone for streaming).

If you have any questions related to Twitch, OBS, Streamlabs, or just livestreaming in general, let me know and I'll be sure to cover them.

[The login system is acting up but I'm out of town and won't be able to fix it until Monday.]

The big issue with Twitch is that the entire design promotes the most successful streams while making it very difficult to find new channels and streamers. This sucks for the viewers and the streamers. It's especially hard to discover streams for specific retro games.

So, what I'm doing with Stream Authority is giving streamers the opportunity to create a searchable profile for their channel. It's equal parts social media platform and database for streamers and viewers. It's especially good for finding high-quality but low-viewer channels, which is almost impossible to do on Twitch. This is because any streamers we feature are proactive enough to take the time to create their profiles, post their schedules, and take concrete steps to grow their channels.

The "Channel Search" feature isn't implemented yet (it will be up Monday night), but once it is, you'll be able to search for channels based on the games they stream, stream schedule, language, and other criteria.

There is a special status called "Featured Streamer" that I promote in designated areas on the site. If you would like me to feature your stream on Stream Authority, all you have to do is add a Stream Authority panel to your Twitch channel, like so:

I provide the image, you just need to add it. Eventually there will be more requirements to ensure I'm only featuring high-quality channels, so this offer is only for my TYM peeps.

Once your stream is added, you can fill out your profile with your streaming schedule, games you play, and other searchable information to make it easy for my visitors to find you.

Again, it's still under construction and I'm out of town with shitty internet, but I expect to have all of the features mentioned running by Monday night. Here is an example of my current profile page:

It's super bare bones right now and not visually formatted, but soon it should be an excellent resources for promoting your channel and even interacting with your followers.

So yeah, just wanted to write this because I can't work on the site and it's driving me crazy.

Last edited: