What's new

Strange MK4 Arcade PCB?

Stange MK4 Arcade PCB?

I heard back from him finally. I asked if he'd be interested in helping out the gaming and MK community by dumping his rare PCB board to put into MAME and such, I even offered to dump it myself since I have an EMP-20 Emprom burner..but he is not interested.

He says he'll sell it for $300 +$15 shipping lol, can you believe that?!? Too bad he has no interest in keeping this rare version preserved, instead he only wants $ for it.

McCarron

Noob
Sorry to bump an old thread. MK3Fan do you have pictures of the board? I'd be interesting to see what it looked like, as this sounds like a development board and not a production board if it looked different.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
McCarron said:
Sorry to bump an old thread. MK3Fan do you have pictures of the board? I'd be interesting to see what it looked like, as this sounds like a development board and not a production board if it looked different.

No. No pictures. The only pics from the auction showed the character select screen with some "?"'s on some characters instead of the character image. Does that ring a bell?

I know this is a little late, but from what you described, this is a Beta Version. Hope someone got it and is getting it put to MAME :D

BeRB

Noob
I notice alot of people are overcharging for boards anymore even known ST players who know alot about them are even doing it because of how hard the board is to find in america so they figure some dumb sap won't go to jap yahoo auctions and just find one so i'm not gonna mention any names but he sold a ST board for 500$ and he knows what kind of piece of shit he is to me. Same goes for UMK3/MK2 and MK4 boards I see people listing the most outrageous prices in the world for them.

I know this is kind of a old topic but i still think overpricing of boards is a huge issue people are ruining the preservation of these games for the future generation and it's sickening. The people who do this you know who you are and you are piece of shit.

*Cough*
nert_evets

BeRB

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
The price for arcade boards is bound to go up and whoever owns them can sell them for any price people are willing to pay for them. I do agree with you when it comes to very rare boards that are not cataloged yet. But a lot of those boards get bought up, cataloged and then resold for around the same amount of money (minus cheap bootlegs).

More and more boards will die and they will become more valuable.
I wonder how hard / expensive it is to make your own!
No idea but i wish i had even a bootleg MK2 3.1 board and jamma harness or a bootleg SF board.
I know they sell pheonixed versions of hyper anniversary street fighter II turbo, Id like to eventually have one of those

Not to say that I'm some pirating asshole just looking to steal the games but, I have bought many different copies of
MKII and SF, I think I'm entitled to it just a bit but others might see that different.

This is exactly what I am talking about that is wrong to fucking do:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mortal-Kombat-II-2-Arcade-Video-Game-Refurbished-/120665915811?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c183fc1a3

This is not a restored MK2 Cab this is a CPS2, SF HF' Cab with MK2 Artwork Shittedly Plastered everywhere with most likely running MAME
Which is def not worth 1,000$ When i can buy a MKII Cab' for 600/700$ + Shipping.