What's new

Story Mode or Online

What are you guys personally gonna play when Injustice releases? I think I'll play the story first, just to see the awesome plot and get a decent feel for how each character handles, so I can figure out who I like and start working on my main. Than probably hit up a Ladder.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Story first. If this game is anything story wise like MK 9's story was I am hyped. Also like you said if the story lets you play with most of the cast you can get a feel of who you might like etc later. One thing is for sure I hope they story has the same story structure as MK9 when you see the fighting load up without any loading screens after story. I was very amazed at how NRS did it and to this day even friends that don't really like MK9 enjoyed the story a lot.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
wasn't there already a thread for this? You should've made this in to a poll...

I am honestly VERY excited for the story mode, especially after reading the comics.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Story first. Then training mode for a little bit. Then online.

Sent from my scrubby HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Training first then story. Hopefully the online isnt crud like mk9 though, that really pisses me off. They must understand that online will keep the game alive for much longer than without. Also i hope they get rid of the stupid region lock.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Training first then story. Hopefully the online isnt crud like mk9 though, that really pisses me off. They must understand that online will keep the game alive for much longer than without. Also i hope they get rid of the stupid region lock.
I support a region lock option mainly because I shouldn't have to play matches that have lag because people live over seas or to far. In addition it would be nice to be able to set up Rank Matches by the speed/connection. I get very annoyed at times that I have to play certain laggy matches online in ranked matches. Doing juggles/AA's are a PAIN IN THE ASS.

NRS if your listening make region lock an option that can be disabled and PLEASE let me be able to select a connection setting for rank matches. I know some people will still lag but at least I might help the online a bit.

I am honestly VERY excited for the story mode, especially after reading the comics.
Lol, I didn't see the option, you can edit it if ya, want. Not sure if a thread existed.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S

I am not going to read the comics till its a week or so before the game drops but from what i hear they are good (avoiding spoilers)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Lol, I didn't see the option, you can edit it if ya, want. Not sure if a thread existed.
When creating a thread there should be an option under "Create Thread" that lets you enter in a Poll question and options. Unfortunately, you have to do it before you create the thread.

More than likely story, but I would do training mode first. I also hope the AI isn't butcheeks like in MK (like scorpion connecting a spear, than does a weaksause sweep instead of full BnB combo on hard difficulty). I leveled up a lot in Tekken just by practicing on the AI.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Story first then likely training before online. Hopefully I can get rid of my dayjob soon and not feel like I have no time to game between work and studio animating at home afterwards. 2 jobs is rough on hobbies like fighting games.

Story mode first followed by hitting the lab with the top 5 characters I enjoyed playing the most. Then go wreck faces online.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'll do what I did with MK9. A versus match with a character and stage I like, and then story mode. Later Arcade ladder and exploring the rest of the game.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Training to learn some basics, then arcade to see what I've put together works against opponents who fight back, then online to see if how I fare against people who think.

Then after I get my ass kicked, I'll do some story mode lol.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Training mode. With every character. After I figure out the basics story mode. Then training mode again. The more training mode.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Probably the same as MK9, Story mode, some training, lots of arcade ladder, play offline with some friends for about week until they get bored, then drop it forever because online will be terrible and I have no one to play with.

Online first.

Maybe story mode second, but it's a fighting game so maybe it's a waste. Better training mode would be cool but honestly mk training mode works fine if you got the patience.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Online first.

Maybe story mode second, but it's a fighting game so maybe it's a waste. Better training mode would be cool but honestly mk training mode works fine if you got the patience.
MK Training Mode does NOT work fine unless you have a dedicated training partner.

Even then it's a hassle trying to practice hard punishes or spacing since your training partner has to deal with tedious work and you kan't ever practice a lot of things on your own.

I really hope they add the feature they had in Tekken Tag T 2 where you kan record multiple attacks to train against Mix Ups.