What's new

Stick layout

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Whaddup fellow tym-mers! So I just got a stick not too long ago and I'm still not too sure what layout I feel comfortable with (8 button layout). So I was wondering if you guys could make any suggestions or provide your own layout so people could try new ones.

I've been sticking with:
1 2 MB int
3 4 stance grab(no use, I grab w/ 1 3)

Although I'm not too comfortable with it. I know some layout are better suitable for some characters, but you know, just to get an idea.

E

Eldriken

I can't provide a layout 'cause I use a regular controller for Injustice.

However, I can say this much: Just stick to what's comfortable for you. If you haven't found anything yet, just keep trying.

Perhaps you will get lucky and if someone posts a layout here, it may wind up working for you. But if it isn't comfortable, I somehow doubt it will work out for you.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Mine is

1,2,MB, stance
3,4, Grab, Interactable

I have big hands so I use the "heel" of my hand to hit the interactable button. Makes it really easy to MB interactables also.

It will also take you a while to get used to stick and anygame that you had been playing on pad you are bassically relearning how to play

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
It will also take you a while to get used to stick and anygame that you had been playing on pad you are bassically relearning how to play
Yea let me tell you that I've been losing a lot more lol. Playing AE is also a hassle, doing those fadc's have gotten me raging quite a bit.

1 mb 2 stage
3 throw 4 stance

This layout keeps all 6 clutch buttons on your 3 dominant fingers. Your pinky is left for options that are not really clutch uses, and you have a little extra time to use 99% of the time. 3+mb+2 will give you a super, which is a very comfortable and easy to hit hand position IMO.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Since I don't use the INT and THR macros I just go

[INT] [1] [2] [MB]
[THR] [3] [4] [SS]

My old one was

[INT] [1] [2] [3]
[THR] [MB] [4] [SS]

My current one makes throwing(1+3) and Super(MB+SS) more comfortable but Meter Burning awkward at times. I got used to it after a week.

My old one makes combos and Meter Burning really comfortable but throwing(1+3) and Super(2+3+MB) really awkward.

But both layout make Meter Burning Interactables awkward but I can get used to pressing 1+2+MB now that all 3 buttons are the upper part of the lay-out.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Since I don't use the INT and THR macros I just go

[INT] [1] [2] [MB]
[THR] [3] [4] [SS]

My old one was

[INT] [1] [2] [3]
[THR] [MB] [4] [SS]

My current one makes throwing(1+3) and Super(MB+SS) more comfortable but Meter Burning awkward at times. I got used to it after a week.

My old one makes combos and Meter Burning really comfortable but throwing(1+3) and Super(2+3+MB) really awkward.

But both layout make Meter Burning Interactables awkward but I can get used to pressing 1+2+MB now that all 3 buttons are the upper part of the lay-out.
This actually seems like a nice layout, I'll give it a try. Seems like something my fingers would feel pet comfortable.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Whaddup fellow tym-mers! So I just got a stick not too long ago and I'm still not too sure what layout I feel comfortable with (8 button layout). So I was wondering if you guys could make any suggestions or provide your own layout so people could try new ones.

I've been sticking with:
1 2 MB int
3 4 stance grab(no use, I grab w/ 1 3)

Although I'm not too comfortable with it. I know some layout are better suitable for some characters, but you know, just to get an idea.

I have a 8 button layout as well and mine is set up like this. Don't listen to what he have say just rearrange the layout to match his.

Quick notes:
R1 = Grab
L2 = switch stance
X + L2 = Special

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Since were talking about sticks I'm having this issue. Sometimes when I want to go diagonal left the inputs should show up and then diagonal. So my character will jump up and the go diagonal and sometimes he will just go diagonal. Now is it me or my stick?

Since were talking about sticks I'm having this issue. Sometimes when I want to go diagonal left the inputs should show up and then diagonal. So my character will jump up and the go diagonal and sometimes he will just go diagonal. Now is it me or my stick?
probably you

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
My old one
-1-2-3-4-
-MB-Throw-Int-Stance-

My new one
-1-2-MB-Throw-
-3-4-Stance-Int-

I use the old one for MK and the new one for Injustice.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I actually haven't even tried Stick on other games than Inj and 3rd Strike yet, I wonder how my layout works on MK because it seems like old-school 6-button layout works better on MK than my current IGAU layout.

[Tag] [1] [SS] [2]
[THR] [3] [BLK] [4]

I haven't played much SCV and Melty but both those are 4-button fighters so I can easily adjust.