What's new

State of Mortal Kombat 1, by Ed Boon

Scott Naylor

Comments

Care to transcript into the post, as I have no access to twitter? (Brazil here).
Got you:
Love the fact that there is excitement for our next game. And I don’t want to be a stickler for words…

But we haven’t been working on our next game for 3 years already. The actual quote was that we KNEW what our next game was going to be 3 years ago.

NetherRealm is still fully committed to supporting Mortal Kombat 1 for a long time to come. ❤

comicbook.com/gaming/news/mo…
The link at the end is to an article that misquoted him, causing people to think they're already on their next game currently.

Got you:

The link at the end is to an article that misquoted him, causing people to think they're already on their next game currently.
You da real MVP bro. :D

This tweet genuinely seems like NRS is not done with MK1 after Khaos Reigns. How long will their support last is still a matter of debate though - we have heard them profess MK11 would be supported for a long time and (for a combination of factors including the pandemic) it was not. Maybe MK1 will be, after all, their longest supported MK yet - which would be awesome, as the gameplay is probably my favorite, EVER.

You da real MVP bro. :D

This tweet genuinely seems like NRS is not done with MK1 after Khaos Reigns. How long will their support last is still a matter of debate though - we have heard them profess MK11 would be supported for a long time and (for a combination of factors including the pandemic) it was not. Maybe MK1 will be, after all, their longest supported MK yet - which would be awesome, as the gameplay is probably my favorite, EVER.
Can't wait for Year 4 when we finally get rooms :rolleyes:

(So hope is still not dead, nice.)

Patchnote lines I want to see in year 2 or even 3/4. (better late than never)

-online ranked/vs gameflow change
you are now able to queue up for online ranked/vs games while in practice mode
(Play the game, don't die watching a boring ass screen. You're welcome.)

-newly added replay takeover feature, learning to defend crazy setups, was never more fun!
(do you even have an option besides 50/50 blocking?)

-you messed up your brutal? We heard you. (The thrill to still lose and die, is also nice! :D)
mercies are now turned back on. You're welcome.

(am I the only one who thought the MK11 practice mode navigation (right stick) was great and innovative? Sad it's not in MK1 ... do I need it? No. Was it nice? For sure.)

Last edited:
I thought this post by Ed was very different and candid... not cryptic like his usual posts. This felt very genuine and it really grabbed my attention to what the lifespan of Mortal Kombat 1 looks like.

View attachment 22037
This game is stuck in the previous era, continued support for a game that can't update it's core features will go old pretty fast
No ability to search matches while in training mode will be a huge adversarie of this game going forward
As well as having more ergonomic practice features.
I was really hoping they would at least overhaul this with the expansion, but it seems to be really just more story + more characters while everything that needs to be fixed stay the same.