What's new

Stage Lengths

Sorry if something like this has already been posted, but if anyone cares here is a comparison between the different sized stages. This was measured by choosing Scorpion vs Scorpion and counting how many backwards jumps it took to reach the corner, rounding up. Seeing how I rounded up a fairly large measurement, these are not exact, two stages with a 7/7 rating aren't necessarily the same length. It's really just shows what are the large, medium, small, and hell stages. This was repeated multiple times, using select to reset, the results were consistent. I'm assuming that both players start at the same distance from each other regardless of the stage.

Stage/Backwards jumps behind player 1/Backwards jumps behind player 2

The Bell Tower: 8/8
Shao Kahn's Throne Room: 8/8
Rooftop (Day): 8/8
Goro's Lair: 8/7
The Flesh Pits: 8/7
Evil Monastery: 8/7
The Courtyard (Day/Night): 7/7
Desert: 7/7
Kahn's Coliseum: 7/7
Rooftop (Dawn/Dusk): 7/7
Soul Chamber: 7/7
Shang Tsung's Throne Room: 7/7
The Temple: 7/7
Armory: 7/7
Subway: 7/6
The Graveyard: 6/7
Shang Tsung's Gardens (Day/Night): 6/7
The Living Forest: 6/7
The Street: 6/7
The Dead Pool: 6/6
The Pit (Night/Day): 6/6
The Pit(Bottom): 6/6
Wastelands: 6/6
Hell: 5/5

Chamber of the Flame: 7/7
Challenge Tower: 6/6

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Interesting research. In theory, zoners would pick the longer stages and rush downs pick the shorter ones. But if stages aren't created equal, then that adds another factor to it.

Alot of initiative in your approach, I would suggest, place two scorpions at one corner, using the one with his back to the wall, push the other scorpion across the screen until they hit the other side. Record the frames or time it takes to reach that. Then chart up the comparisons. Saves you the inaccuracy of "rounding up" your backwards jumps.

I'm sure the frame experts would hop on board, as soon as they finishing with the character's frame data.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Interesting research. In theory, zoners would pick the longer stages and rush downs pick the shorter ones. But if stages aren't created equal, then that adds another factor to it.

Alot of initiative in your approach, I would suggest, place two scorpions at one corner, using the one with his back to the wall, push the other scorpion across the screen until they hit the other side. Record the frames or time it takes to reach that. Then chart up the comparisons. Saves you the inaccuracy of "rounding up" your backwards jumps.

I'm sure the frame experts would hop on board, as soon as they finishing with the character's frame data.
Hm, as long as the idle animation doesn't interfere with the walking speed more than normal this could work.