What's new

Staff Bnb Corner Combo Timing Question

Hi guys, new here. I have a question for you all:

The corner BnB combo consisting of:
j2 1f1 db2 MB j2 1 1 1 1 special (flying grayson, staff spin, d1 etc..)

I'm having problems getting the "1 1 1 1" light poke juggle timing down. I dont think you can spam it. There seems to be a very small window to execute the next poke that I'm having a problem learning. It'll work maybe 2/10 times I try. Yet, I see tons of people do this consistently, and online to boot. My question then, is there any sort of cues or tips I can utilize to get this consistently?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Don't mash it. I know this sounds corny and overused, but just keep trying it, once you get the timing you'll get it.

I can feel the groove of it. But it's like my god damn golf swing. The minute I think I have it, I lose it.

A more practical question then:

When you're going to do the j2 after the ground blast MB, do you hit your opponent as soon as possible? Or do you linger in the air a tad before smacking them with j2?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Wat I do is hold forward, u press 1 to fast u get 1f1, u don't press it fast enough the combo drops. just keep at it and ull learn it :)

I've figured out two things in the last 20mins:

1) Your j2 hit after the ground blast meter burn should be executed when after you jump, you're almost even in height with the juggled opponent.

2) You should start the 1 1 1 1 jabbing by having the first poke almost look like its sliding under the back of the opposing mid-air player (As if they're almost about to land on your horizontal staff). I find that if I do that the combo becomes a lot easier. If I screw up a jab I at least have time to end the combo early with a Flying Grayson or a Staff Spin to still get around 37-39%.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
You're using an older version of staff corner BnB

J2 1f1 db2 MB j3 1 1 d2 db3 MB d2 db3

Does 50% (2% more damage)and saves you from excessive standing 1.

J2 2 1111 db3 mb d2 db3 still requires that same timing however.

You're using an older version of staff corner BnB

J2 1f1 db2 MB j3 1 1 d2 db3 MB d2 db3

Does 50% (2% more damage)and saves you from excessive standing 1.

J2 2 1111 db3 mb d2 db3 still requires that same timing however.
Oh, cool. Thanks for that. This is my first fighting game I've actually really tried to learn. I'm constantly finding out I've been implementing old tech.

Is there a video of this combo anywhere?

AssassiN

Noob
Any timing tips on this assassin? I'm having problems getting the second half to continue. After I d2 I can't get the staff spin input to go off. Just doesnt register the input. Do you put it as fast as possible or is there some element of finesse with the timing?

I'm not too sure where it goes wrong for you. The combo isn't that hard or that easy to do.
So when you are trying to do D2~Staff Spin, the spin does not come out?
I'm guessing you are not doing it fast enough or you are doing the input wrong.

If you want an easier time doing D2~Staff Spin do the following: D2, B3 instead of D2, DB3.

I'm not too sure where it goes wrong for you. The combo isn't that hard or that easy to do.
So when you are trying to do D2~Staff Spin, the spin does not come out?
I'm guessing you are not doing it fast enough or you are doing the input wrong.

If you want an easier time doing D2~Staff Spin do the following: D2, B3 instead of D2, DB3.

d2 b3 helps, thanks!