What's new

General/Other - Spectral Spectral Side Switch

An element of Spectral that I took note of a while ago but have never seen discussed was an interesting 'glitch' that occurs after using Soul Charge. This is of course the assumption that it is a glitch. After using Soul Charge if Ermac dashes in succession or runs by the opponent he will pass through them on to the other side, much in the same way Reptile & Sub Zero do.

It's a bit different in application from the Corpse Hop Instant Air Blast that I believe WonderChef posted after the game came out. Wherein Ermac could switch sides after using B1D2 and mix up the opponent with a quick/safe overhead while at the same time reversing their controls (I assume)

Here and here

You can see that once he passes through the opponent Ermac is free to do just about anything from grab, b3, F4 etc. All while the opponent has to of course change the direction for their armor (depending on it's input). So on paper this would appear to at least be a useful "Glitch" if it is in fact not intended.

The Downside: Ermac will only corpse hop if the opponent does not Delay their wake up or Quick Roll. Either or will simply leave you pushing their carcass towards the corner. So taking that into account the likelihood that this is a practical tool is low, at least in higher level competitive play. Maybe something that works once and in a pinch?

Ermac community, what do you think?

@Nausea @Big D

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
am I the only one who expected ermac to have walking armor like grundy from the title

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah this has been known and used for quite a while, Nausea uses it all the time :p

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I never see it mentioned so I was curious.
It's cool, but yeah charge giving a corpse hop has been known for a while is all. Frankly I don't think a variation with such ridiculous unreactable, and in this variation safe, 50/50s should have a move that's 9 frames, hits mid, is armoured, does THAT much damage AND gives him SO much advantage he gets a free jump which then jails into said 50/50.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Nice thread @RM xRagnarökx :) The Corpse Hop! This has been know for a while now but its good to see it in a thread! It is very situational but a great tool none the less!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
you shouldnt try this tech of a grounded bf2 best to do it off f4 in a combo it just hits that sweet spot where 2 dashes or a run leaves you loads of time to mix up , try doing a RC into ji2 hover for them mix ups heh ,
i wonder , can you do combo into f4 bf2 , RC backdash (actual foreward dash) mix up ? maintain position and sheit