What's new

Spectator Mode in Injustice?

Hey guys does anyone know if this has been announced as a part of injustice? It would be kool to watch 2 great fighters go at it in an entertaining match of high skill, a king of the hill would be a nice implement into the game like they did with mk9, u can sit back have a beer or some popcorn while u chat it up with friends awaiting ur turn, if the servers are as great of a step up from mk9 as NRS claims then i dont see why not, but i wonder if they dont have this feature already, could it be implemented in a little under 2 months?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I recall reading in an article about Injustice that they'd be improving drastically on the online settings provided for MK and refining it to accommodate the new game.

That being said, I find it unlikely that we won't have a Spectator Mode in Injustice. What I would like to see, however, is a new setting where you can just sit it out and watch the rest of the players fight so that you can learn from what they do, or just enjoy the sights, until you feel like getting out there and showing your stuff. I know Street Fighter has this setting which has proven convenient. Then again, NRS is not Capcom.

I recall reading in an article about Injustice that they'd be improving drastically on the online settings provided for MK and refining it to accommodate the new game.

That being said, I find it unlikely that we won't have a Spectator Mode in Injustice. What I would like to see, however, is a new setting where you can just sit it out and watch the rest of the players fight so that you can learn from what they do, or just enjoy the sights, until you feel like getting out there and showing your stuff. I know Street Fighter has this setting which has proven convenient. Then again, NRS is not Capcom.
no my good sir, capcom they are not, that is a great idea tho, saves the trouble of having to play when u have other things to do, like make a run to the store :0, i will be highly disappointed if they dont, because spectator mode has become sort of a mandatory thing when it comes to fighting games and online competition...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The thing I was talking with Paulo about on IRC ages ago, is that the code for spectating was already there; it's embedded in KotH. Basically if you have a KotH where the other participantsa don't get swapped into the fight, then you have a basic spectator mode.

So it shouldn't have been difficult to do; it's just a matter of whether they thought it was worthwhile/useful or not.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Sorry if this is off-topic, but the game has motherfucking frame data for their characters (at least that's what Hector said). Just thought that's totally worth pointing out there. But yeah, I don't see why there wont be a spectator mode if every other fighter after (even before) MK9 has a spectator mode (even SSFIV for the 3DS!).

What I would like to see, however, is a new setting where you can just sit it out and watch the rest of the players fight so that you can learn from what they do
That already exists. It's called "watching a stream".

or just enjoy the sights, until you feel like getting out there and showing your stuff.
And with that taking away a spot in the lobby, while there are people who would be willing to play immediately.

I know Street Fighter has this setting which has proven convenient. Then again, NRS is not Capcom.
Marvel VS Capcom 3 didn't even offer you a spectator mode, let alone a story, or at least any kind of effort.
So yeah, you're right ... Crapcom isn't NRS.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
That already exists. It's called "watching a stream".

And with that taking away a spot in the lobby, while there are people who would be willing to play immediately.

Marvel VS Capcom 3 didn't even offer you a spectator mode, let alone a story, or at least any kind of effort.
So yeah, you're right ... Crapcom isn't NRS.
1) Irrelevant.

2) That's why there are multiple lobbies.

3) The regular MvC3 didn't offer a spectator mode, but the ultimate version did. I know this because I have it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Blake, you should send NRS the video of you having to hop in and out of KotH to broadcast the online tourney matches :)