What's new

Special place where UMK3 or MKII players go to play online?

Are there any special places online where UMK3 or MKII players go to play besides XBOX live that are DIAL UP friendly? I am use MAME 32k. I searched around Kaillera but I did not see anyone playing UMK3 or MKII. I am sorting everything out so when I go home I can start playing online ASAP. I can't wait to start putting people in their places.

unfornately i don't even think playing with your neighboor when u have dial up and he has high speed would even run smooth so your best bet is to play to computer or get someone into it

if you can change your net speed to dsl or cable
then people will play you on kaillera
because dial up is not the best option
just make a game and wait until someone joins
takes usally around 5 to 10 mins for me

but pple will quit because you will lag with that connection
and go to godweapon server,thats where most pple play

Is dial up horrible for net play all together?

Because I've played UMK3 and MKII for SNES online and did not lag EXCEPT when playing someone in Brazil.

Is net play for MAME UMK3 and MKII a different story?

auctionguy5 said:
Is dial up horrible for net play all together?

Because I've played UMK3 and MKII for SNES online and did not lag EXCEPT when playing someone in Brazil.

Is net play for MAME UMK3 and MKII a different story?
The fact that SNES is a 16 bit console might be part of the reason.

You can play many games with dial up. Fighters and first person shooters are an exeption because a lot of the game depends on reflexes. Sports and RTS games don't require a high speed connection to be fun. I imagine RPGs would be the same but I never played one.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I played Asheron's Call on dial up. It was playable.

And of course there's Starcraft. That game kicked royal ass, even on Dial up.

Thanks for all of your help. I have used zbattle net before and I like it. I usually play MKII on zbattle net. Are they any other netplay networks for the SNES games?

DAVE101 said:
auctionguy5 said:
You can play many games with dial up. Fighters and first person shooters are an exeption because a lot of the game depends on reflexes. Sports and RTS games don't require a high speed connection to be fun.
Sorry to beat a dead topic (especially because it's not even MK related), but I just wanted to say that sports games DO require a high speed connection just as much as Fighting or FPS because, sports games are always timing and reflexes.

Really? My neighbor (whos wireless internet I'm stealing right now) played a lot of madden '05 when he had dial-up and even I played a little. Looked good.

absolutely, if a game like madden it would make all the difference. For example if you were a wide receiver and you needed to make a cut towards the ball, lag would make you miss the ball entirely. In a basketball game where you are trying to release the shot at the top lag would mess you up. Batting in baseball, etc etc.
you could theoretically play hockey in lag if you're use to it and plan ahead though, on offense anyway