What's new

Space Staions? Character Supers adapting to stages? Logic lossage?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Humor inbound-
I don't mind spectacle, or over the top-ness, or cinematic value prioritizing over realism- no one should mind that in a fighting game-
But, certain stages in Injustice are set in space stations, or underwater.
Certain supers in Injustice interact with the environment around the fighter (Doomsday's through Earth drill), or display a rapid change of environment- (Shazam, Hawkgirl, Superman, The Flash)

But, will The Flash Run around the Earth, underwater? Will Superman punch someone into orbit above Earth, from a space station that is far away from Earth longitudanally? Will Hawkgirl fly someone into the sky, underwater, or from a space station?

Will The Flash Run to the Earth to gain momentum for his punch, run around the Earth to continue building said momentum, jump from Earth to a space station without losing any momentum, then deliver the punch?

Most importantly: Will Doomsday drill through the floor of a space station with his opponent's body, then somehow be drilling through Earth, end up underwater, throw the person back up into the Earth, then drill upwards back into a space station in orbit?

Someone should ask NRS about this... it would be interesting to see if they found away to make things make sense. (Not that it's necessary..)

GGA Max

There was someone who tweeted one of the developers about this "issue." The developer said that since Batman's car was somehow in the Watchtower, then this is the way it will be.

Illogical, but still impressive to the average fan.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
The same reason why Dan can beat Akuma

And the same reason why Kitanas X-ray doesn't kill you

logic kinda falls apart when some guy who "plans well" can fight against literal gods

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Maybe it does change. If you notice in the Hawkgirl vs. Green Arrow video, the sky/background of the stage had a sort of orange tint, and when Hawkgirl did her super there was an orange tint in the clouds around her. Same with the Shazam vs. Flash video where the stage looks like it takes place at night time, and when Shazam does his super into the clouded sky, it looks somewhat dark.

I think it would be odd if it were just coincidence that those two supers happened to match the sky as the stages they were performed in. However if I'm wrong and they don't change specific to the stage, it won't just look weird in Atlantis/Watchtower, but also in any stages that are set in different times of day. Imagine Hawkgirl does her super in the nighttime Gotham stage, the sky turns to morning for the super, than back to night when it's finished. It will be jarring.

KIllaByte

Maybe it does change. If you notice in the Hawkgirl vs. Green Arrow video, the sky/background of the stage had a sort of orange tint, and when Hawkgirl did her super there was an orange tint in the clouds around her. Same with the Shazam vs. Flash video where the stage looks like it takes place at night time, and when Shazam does his super into the clouded sky, it looks somewhat dark.

I think it would be odd if it were just coincidence that those two supers happened to match the sky as the stages they were performed in. However if I'm wrong and they don't change specific to the stage, it won't just look weird in Atlantis/Watchtower, but also in any stages that are set in different times of day. Imagine Hawkgirl does her super in the nighttime Gotham stage, the sky turns to morning for the super, than back to night when it's finished. It will be jarring.
Precisely the purpose of the thread.
Thank you.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This came up a looooooong while back and I still find this thought funny. Even more so given Doomsday's super. If it changes then cool, but if not...ITS AWESOME!

LEGEND

YES!
pretty sure Doomsday punches you through the earth faster than light can travel. I don't think they are worried about their Supers being reasonable

KIllaByte

The same reason why Dan can beat Akuma

And the same reason why Kitanas X-ray doesn't kill you

logic kinda falls apart when some guy who "plans well" can fight against literal gods
The lack of your definition of "logic" allows for the fighting games to have spectacle.
You're considering "logic" as "realism".
Realism, is not at all necessary- and the lack of "realism" in character matchups in Injustice will be explained by the story.
I'm talking about a lack of logic that exists only to leave us jarred and confused, or even a bit bothered, or, for some amused- after something happens.
Teleporting to Earth when Doomsday digs through a space station has no effect on gameplay, or spectacle- it's just jarring.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
What if Doomsday punches you through the tower down to earth, jumps down, lands, punches you through the planet, punches you back the other way, punches you BACK into space into the tower, jumps back into the tower behind you as you rocket back in, and then does the air grab and throws you down?

That might work...actually it sounds like the kind of thing Boon would LOVE.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
It's possible it does change based on the stage, as the examples given with the sky.

However, at the end of the day, it's a video game, it's not supposed to be ultra realistic or make sense in every scenario. Fun takes first priority. I'd rather have the supers the way they are, and not make sense in all scenarios, than to have generic ones that could be done anywhere.

It remains to be seen though. Not a big deal to me either way.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
What if Doomsday punches you through the tower down to earth, jumps down, lands, punches you through the planet, punches you back the other way, punches you BACK into space into the tower, jumps back into the tower behind you as you rocket back in, and then does the air grab and throws you down?

That might work...actually it sounds like the kind of thing Boon would LOVE.
That would be incredibly badass. For Hawkgirl's/Shazam's supers they should blast the opponent through the roof of the Watchtower into space, than knock them back down. We already know there is a stage transition in the Watchtower that sends you out if it and into space, so I don't think it would be that weird if supers were tweaked to do something similar.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
they might do something about the Supers since alot of them involve the earth in some way but honestly it doesnt matter to me, wont change the gameplay one bit if they dont change em

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
If you use a supermove on a player who doesn't have enough HP to live through it, it causes the supers animation to not play, it just has the super flash, then it hits, and the player falls over and dies.

I think that is probably how its going to work on the watchtower, super flash will play, then they hit them, all the damage is taken, but the animation simply doesn't play.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I love this thread.

Blew my mind.

The continuity, it's going to provoke so...much...mockery.
Whenever there's a tournament, we should all do THE WAVE whenever someone leaps from Space to Earth and/or back.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Ppl still complain about logic in a videogame? Lol I'm sure they thought of something for those cases and even if they didn't who cares. As long as you fuckin shit up it's all good.