What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sorcerer Sorcerer 64% midscreen rune trapish 2 Bars

I thaught why rune trap only in the corner? So I played around with Quan Cheese and got 2 bar 60-64% depending on whether u start with a JIP or not. Quan cheese only needs meter for hes Ground bursts so when u have 2 bars this is a nice way to deplete 60-64% health.

Jip b324 ~ 14 Trance ~ Chip spell d3 ~ 21 Mb Ground Burst ~ 21 Mb ground burst ~ 21 Ground burst. About 64%

Note that the ground burst at the end isnt safe so u should only go for it when u know it will kill otherwise :

Jip b324 ~ 14 Trance ~ Chip spell d3 ~ 21 Mb Ground Burst ~ 21 Mb ground burst ~ f212. less Damage but leavs u neutral

I use 21 cuz it keeps them long enough in the spell if some1 find a better string feel free to Tell.
Also only 14 will leave them standing close enough after a trance for this to work

Last edited:
I thaught why rune trap only in the corner? So I played around with Quan Cheese and got 2 bar 60-64% depending on whether u start with a JIP or not. Quan cheese only needs meter for hes Ground bursts so when u have 2 bars this is a nice way to deplete 60-64% health.

Jip b324 ~ 14 Trance ~ Chip spell d4 ~ 21 Mb Ground Burst ~ 21 Mb ground burst ~ 21 Ground burst. About 64%

Note that the ground burst at the end isnt safe so u should only go for it when u know it will kill otherwise :

Jip b324 ~ 14 Trance ~ Chip spell d4 ~ 21 Mb Ground Burst ~ 21 Mb ground burst ~ f212. less Damage but leavs u neutral

I use 21 cuz it keeps them long enough in the spell if some1 find a better string feel free to Tell.
Also only 14 will leave them standing close enough after a trance for this to work

First of all it isn't d4 you use in the video, it is D3. And yes 21xxMB Ground Burst can be interrupted with armor. Only 14xxMB GB is guaranteed. 1 is a high but I know that it jails in the corner after you do b2xxMB GB to make them stand block, after that they can't duck 14xxMB GB, 14xxMB GB etc.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Am I missing something? Every variation of Quan has the rune trap, but you can only get it to 100% with sorcerer in the corner. EX Rune has been +15 or something since release, and every variation gets a combo into setup on hit.

First of all it isn't d4 you use in the video, it is D3. And yes 21xxMB Ground Burst can be interrupted with armor. Only 14xxMB GB is guaranteed. 1 is a high but I know that it jails in the corner after you do b2xxMB GB to make them stand block, after that they can't duck 14xxMB GB, 14xxMB GB etc.
thx for info ,u can do b2 mb ground burst ~ 14 ground burst midscreen but it's inconsistent in keeping them in the aura.
f4 mb ground burst ~ 14 mb ground burst also also jails but i went for the damage.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
You've always been able to do this, just not as severe because of the pushback etc.

You can also go for a cheeky 1,4,1 into Hex and chip them as they stand up from fullscreen. Sorceror is my main variation right now and I really think it could be his strongest if summoner continues to get nerfed. It's already massively underused atm.

sadly indeed . Sux that b2 is the only overhead quan chi has ,not even in a string :(
But the initial hit before the Run trap starts needs to be an overhead in order to make them stand block, that way they will be locked in the stand block animation and 1 in the 14 string will connect every time if executed correctly.

But the initial hit before the Run trap starts needs to be an overhead in order to make them stand block, that way they will be locked in the stand block animation and 1 in the 14 string will connect every time if executed correctly.
as stated before u CAN do b2 mb ground burst and force jail them standing BUT u have to get the spacing right, otherwise the b2 will push them to the edge of the aura and 14 mb ground will just be a waste of meter. Ill Lab a lil more and see if i find a way to do it consistenly with the right damage.

You've always been able to do this, just not as severe because of the pushback etc.

You can also go for a cheeky 1,4,1 into Hex and chip them as they stand up from fullscreen. Sorceror is my main variation right now and I really think it could be his strongest if summoner continues to get nerfed. It's already massively underused atm.
i like to set the armor spell after 141
to play keep away or after a trance set the armor spell right in their face and just waiting for them to press a button. This variation is soo much fun online. Love falling out a combos in the armor pool.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i like to set the armor spell after 141
to play keep away or after a trance set the armor spell right in their face and just waiting for them to press a button. This variation is soo much fun online. Love falling out a combos in the armor pool.
You should always go for armor after a 141, they normally tech roll and just jump out, making it pretty pointless. was just saying its a thing you can do sometimes.

Your combo can be armored out of by the way, the 2,1 into MB rune can be armored through before the rune hits. D4 into 1,4 MB rune true jails, but you cant get any more reps without them being pushed out of it. Its a good way to bait armor from the opponent though.