What's new

Something new I noticed about the DS UMK3 version.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, not sure who here noticed this of late but they must have done some kind of update because other night I was on for 15 minutes before going to bed and noticed two of my friends were on. UMK3 girl and someone else I can't remember. UMK 3 said she was playing, while the other friend said "worldwide match"

So, I'm guessing he was seeking a match.

Just something I never noticed before, perhaps if they're seeking "friends" that will pop up?

Anyone else notice this? 8) I think it's cool, it doesn't just say friend "online" anymore it actually gives you their current status.

Diego

Noob
yea, I noticed that when i was about to fight Konqrr. It said "friends" and i assumed he was seeking a friends match. 1 sec later i was up against him getting my ass served :p but it was great fun!

Same thing when i was helping my little bro with the game, i could see how he went from online to "friends" really awesome.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I think it's always had that. You mean when you go to the friend list and highlight someone? It would show you there if they were playing a friend match or whatever. It's always been like that for me.

Houzi

Noob
Yeah I've noticed that from the beginning. This is the set up of if it says this when you're on your friend roster and one of your friends is on.....

Friends Status:

Online - Means they are playing an online match or just sitting on the screen that decides if they wanna play a match or what not.

Friend or Friend Match - means playing a friend match or searching for friend.

Offline - they're not on lol

I think that's about right. I'm not sure but that's basically the set up even if I'm wrong, haha. Hope this does something.

:?

Tim Static

Adminerator
if match is behind then yes, it means they are searching in that room. Its been like that since the beginning MKF, but were all trying to get use it all!

MKF30

Tim Static said:
if match is behind then yes, it means they are searching in that room. Its been like that since the beginning MKF, but were all trying to get use it all!
Yeah man I see what you're saying but I'm pretty certain on the first few days when it first came out that wasn't the case, I remember seeing all my friends either online or offline I don't recall seeing any Worldwide, friend, playing, etc, etc.

I'm happy it's this way now though. 8)

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKF30 said:
Tim Static said:
Yeah man I see what you're saying but I'm pretty certain on the first few days when it first came out that wasn't the case, I remember seeing all my friends either online or offline I don't recall seeing any Worldwide, friend, playing, etc, etc.

I'm happy it's this way now though. 8)
Also, most of us didnt know that to see each others info, both players had to have each others FC entered. Silly Nintemdo and their goffy online system.

Speaking of which MKF....

I wont be playing my DS online until my buddy from Geek Squad gets my Wi-Fi connection problem fixed here at home. I was piggybacking off a nieghbor, but I cant stand the ultra lag with it, so I'm just waiting.

So.......after that, we'll do the UMK3 thing again :)

MKF30

Yeah, that's true too not many players to add the first week lol.

But yeah man, no problem dude. Once you get your own official wifi thing again, I'm game 8)