What's new

General/Other Something I wanted to say.

Espio

Kokomo
I've been frequenting this forum for a while when I first picked Jade up in November 2011 and this was a time where there was a lot of negativity about the character, drama, and shenanigans.

I picked Jade up because I actually really like this character, she's fun and she's unique, but I wanted to be a positive and optimistic voice for the character because I felt that was what she needed, over a year later I feel the same way, but the main purpose of this thread is to address some things openly.

I am really disappointed with the behavior of many members of the Jade community...we're all supposed to be in this together and I've seen so much nasty venom over differing opinions it's just really disheartening for me as a player. We don't always have to agree with each other, yet I feel instead of having productive discussions many have devolved into attack and insults.

There is no reason for the level of large scale drama over opinions.

I want us to move in a positive direction, one that does not involve bitterness and conflict as the main feature of why this forum has life.

The Jade forum has gone through this before on many occassions...there are dozens of Jade players that don't even post in threads or get involved here because of the behavior and negativity, it's not just this scenario, it's consistent stuff that goes down here that chases people away.

I have no beef with anyone and I just want to be clear, we don't have to agree with each other, but we should at least disagree with class that is befitting of the character we main and of ourselves as people. Many people have lost sight of why they originally played this game, which was to have fun.

Leveling up has been replaced with tearing down and nasty arguments.

We're better than this, I believe we are so let's stop being the drama community, we were moving in a positive direction, now we've spiraled back, but I believe we can get back on the right track if we try :).

Smoke is not a problem thread comes to mind. I tried helping you guys understand the matchup better and I get blown up. It's happened to other people too. The hostility here from many members is disheartening, and I'm sad to say that it's pushed a lot of people away from even wanting to read this subforum let alone post in it.

Good luck starting anew. Hope it works out.

SZSR

Noob
Smoke is not a problem thread comes to mind. I tried helping you guys understand the matchup better and I get blown up. It's happened to other people too. The hostility here from many members is disheartening, and I'm sad to say that it's pushed a lot of people away from even wanting to read this subforum let alone post in it.

Good luck starting anew. Hope it works out.
Can you link the thread? I'm sure something you posted would've been a good analysis, I don't see why anyone would blow you up for it.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
This is completely off topic but it has something to do with the jade forums ( kinda ).
What happend to that completelyJaded ( think that was his name) guy.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Flagg

Noob
Jade was the first main I used in this game.

On paper, she has some amazing abilities, projectile invulnerability, pure invulnerability, low, mid and high projectile, a very fast flash kick, decent pokes, good range. But for some reason all that hasn't translated well to MK 9. NRS had no place nerfing her U3. Her projectiles and glows should have been made better than they are, that's what I think she needs...tweaking on her specials. Her normals are pretty good (imo).

I'm surprised Jade players dont go to Skarlet, because Skarlet is quite similar to Jade, only superior in just about every aspect.

AssassiN

Noob

On paper, she has some amazing abilities, projectile invulnerability, pure invulnerability, low, mid and high projectile, a very fast flash kick, decent pokes, good range. But for some reason all that hasn't translated well to MK 9. NRS had no place nerfing her U3. Her projectiles and glows should have been made better than they are, that's what I think she needs...tweaking on her specials. Her normals are pretty good (imo).

I'm surprised Jade players dont go to Skarlet, because Skarlet is quite similar to Jade, only superior in just about every aspect.
Is Skarlet really a better Jade?
Dunno about that tbh, I don't see it.

Jade is a few buffs away from being a better character, what if she could cancel into her glow?
That could great some sickass combo's and setups.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise

You be forgettin 'bout dem hooters boy.

I do think that still is no Jade player who got close enough to the Jade's max potential. Considering this there's no reason for me to pay attention on any match-up ratings and things. And i think i'm not the one who thinks like that.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Jade is a few buffs away from being a better character, what if she could cancel into her glow?
Depends on how people tolerate different learning curves...but not in this case...

Espio

Kokomo

I never knew you played Jade as a main :(. That's kind of cool, you play or have played a lot of the under used characters.

I don't want to play Skarlet :D.

I've accepted Jade for what she is, there's a lot of what she could have been that won't ever be in MK9, but it doesn't mean I won't stick by her...the more support these characters get, the better chance these characters have of showing up more frequently in games. I've invested far too much time in her.

I don't want this to turn into a nerf/buff thread and such, though I appreciate your feedback :).

STB Espio, go here: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/idea-for-a-for-a-fun-interesting-tournie.25364/ don't want to hijack, but this would be right up your alley. Prove Jade can get to a final! :p

I'm in first world problems mode lol....too many characters that deserve a rep that I also play. I'd use Jade by herself in a tournament though and not be worried <3.

Maaannnnnnn, this has got to be at least the millionth time Espio has told people to stop being whiny bitches and remember that this game is about fun. what the fuck mk community? stop being whiny bitches. this game is about fun.

Goldi

Noob
Finally, STB reasoning <3

Really, I love all of you. And I am so not into editing or deleting poster content that doesn't directly violate TYM rules. But I want people to feel free to post in the Jade forum without being responded to with snark.

That goes for EVERY poster and lurker on the site. I try very hard to stay neutral and accommodating, but we're really feisty lately. If you see a post that's unreasonably harsh or hostile, please report it or PM me so I can deal with it. There should not be any reason for anyone to feel shy about posting here. Ever.

We don't have to agree mindlessly with each other, but we can't snipe at each other to make our opinion valid, either.

It's great seeing all the activity here but I am getting so tired of having to ask people to calm down and stay on topic. I love you guys, but I also want to shake you sometimes.

Flagg

Noob

I think she's a better version of Jade. Jade is good when she has meter, like Skarlet, but Skarlet can build it better. Skarlets armour, indirectly works like flash parry but is much better than ex glow, plus Skarlet can cross the screen as fast as Jade can. Jades normals have better range, but Skarlets dagger compensates for that. Skarlets projectiles cover space better than Jades.

Sometimes I think Jade could be better if she could build meter crazy fast and they just turned off that stupid ex glow double damage penalty. Jade having cancelable boomerangs would be a awesome as well.

Being my first main, ive always had a bit of a soft spot for her and dont like seeing Jade bashing by elitists.

I never knew you played Jade as a main :(. That's kind of cool, you play or have played a lot of the under used characters.

I don't want to play Skarlet :D.

I've accepted Jade for what she is, there's a lot of what she could have been that won't ever be in MK9, but it doesn't mean I won't stick by her...the more support these characters get, the better chance these characters have of showing up more frequently in games. I've invested far too much time in her.
I havent played her in a long, long time, but yes, way back in 2011, she was my first main and I loved her. I stopped playing her as I wanted to use other characters and I never went back to her....this was way before the meta game evolved to what it is now.

Yeah, I think I like to challenge myself, hence why I choose lesser characters. Never could get into Stryker or Noob though. Skarlet is probably my favourite design/character in the game, but my most enjoyable/strongest characters are Kano and CSZ.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Im assuming this post is pointing right at my pretty little face. I apologize for being negative...I wouldn't work so hard on Jade guides if I didnt want to progress her community forward. However, with that said, I don't want anyone to hold back their feelings and or opinions. It's far more productive to be blunt and real. Just sayin. Also...I should have taken up my beef...which wasnt even that beefy....with AestheticLove in a PM. I love all of you guys.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I really do feel bad for the Jade community though. They don't deserve a trash character. (Well, someone who's name I won't bother mentioning deserves it.)

I really do feel bad for the Jade community though. They don't deserve a trash character. (Well, someone who's name I won't bother mentioning deserves it.)
jade isnt a trash character, she's freaking hottt
oh you mean her viability in the game... yeah... on the plus side people who play her well just look godlike when they do it. she's flashy (pun intended)

Jade is only considered trash because she is a character who can't make it when played half decent.She have to be at her best at the hands of a really good player.Most other characters,especially higher tier characters can only be at half speed and bullshit around and still be issues but that's not the case for jade because she's not depleting half your health from an anti-air or mindfucking her opponents with cancels and looping them into blockstring after blockstring.But that doesn't mean that she's trash though.She is when in the hands of someone with little or no knowledge of her and the opponent so yeah,call her trash.But I bet you guys get nervous before you go up against a good one at a tournament.Or you underestimate the player and get sent home thinking that you were gonna mow through his "trash"character. Sindel is "trash" also but when used godlike, she is one hell of a pain in the ass..And IMO she is the most entertaining character to to watch when someone is godlike with her.That's why I use these characters because they take the most work and the ability to hang with really good players who uses top characters is a reward itself.I love competing but at the end of the day,it's all just for fun for me.I just can't see myself mastering a top tier character that hundreds of other people master using the exact same tactics.Sure they would give me a better chance but I just don't feel them.And I don't use characters I'm not into.And please folks,keep in mind that when people show up to tournaments using these characters such as jade,baraka,stryker,sindel,sheeva,kano,they are usually really good with them.