What's new

Something about online play and a certain combo...

:roll:

I'm wondering what you guys use to play online? controller pad? keyboard, joystick, or ddr pad?

And this combo I can't do it is: with scorpion: HPHP JK TELEPORT PUNCH HP HARPOON it doesn't work :(

heLP PLEaSeEEEEE?!

I use a PSX classic pad :wink:
About that combo, I think the correct notation is: (After blocking a teleport punch or something similar) [ANTI-AIR]HPHP, DelayedJumpkick, teleport punch run in and [ANTI-AIR]HP~HARPOON you only got one frame out of 60 do this or it wont work, from what i read from LEX;s guide there called "JF" (just frames) similar to moves in tekken.

:shock:

dreemernj

Ambassador
I use keyboard.

You can only get 4 hits before the spear with Scorpion. The 5th hit disables it. So if you leave any hit out of that combo, you'll be able to get a spear afterwards.

dreemernj

Ambassador
l3oxel2 said:
I use a PSX classic pad :wink:
About that combo, I think the correct notation is: (After blocking a teleport punch or something similar) [ANTI-AIR]HPHP, DelayedJumpkick, teleport punch run in and [ANTI-AIR]HP~HARPOON you only got one frame out of 60 do this or it wont work, from what i read from LEX;s guide there called "JF" (just frames) similar to moves in tekken.

:shock:
Yeah there is that. Glitch Canceling. If a special move is triggered on the same frame as the collision occurs of the hit that would disable it, you can get that extra hit in before it and the move will still happen.

Glitch Canceling is ridiculous and not something that can really be done on command in a case like this. You'll see a lot of glitch canceling with Sub Zero's freeze for instance, where the freeze happens after the hit that should disable it.

EDIT: You could try aa.hphp, teleport (misses), aa.hp, jk, spear, combo. It would lead to a lot more damage since the teleport doesn't hit. If the teleport connects it turns on damage protection and the comboed hits afterwards are weaker,

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I use the keyboard, sometimes a stick. I think now that I exclusively play people only using the "LAN 60" connection on Kaillera I might start practicing with the stick a bit more when the next tournys come up.

Well I use a keyboard (except for trilogy on PSX) but I might have to switch to a Dance Dance Revolution pad. I would finally learn how to dance, and at such a random and spontanius rate. After that I could start playing it like "Twister" that way I could learn to break dance. 8)

thank guys for the replays ok i have another question what is the best to use online tell me please keyboard joytick or controller? please thx :)

It's all in personal reference, but I feel keyboard is your best bet.. but seriously It's all about how you wan't to play, I'm a former keyboard user myself. :shock:

Keyboard has more potential. Instead of having 1 thumb for attacks, you are granted 3 fingers. Adapting stuff like bike kicks, ground pounds, and sai throws is not practical with just one thumb. How can you charge those attacks while still playing to your max?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A keyboard with no button press limitation is ideal for precision. Some people argue that sticks and pads have overall better response and I can see that as being a factor.

Selpex

Noob
i use my fingers for the button ps2 type pad too like using cyrax bombs i have always held lk with my middle finger and press hk with my first but with kitana fan throw i press hp and lp with my thumb, probably my weird button configuration which im too used to, to change (HP=Triangle, LP=X, LK=O, HK=Square)

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
MK Junkie said:
i dislike keyboard very much i feel that it is not very well in gaming how about joystick which 1 du u prefer
I personally prefer a joystick, but I would recommend giving a keyboard a try. It works better than you might think. Since MK inputs are based on only four directions, the kb works more naturally than it would for a more Capcom-style game. And having all your fingers available for the attack buttons makes it much more arcade-like than a gamepad (as Dave pointed out, being limited to your thumb on a gamepad is a huge detriment).

while the board is on the subject of online play.

Are there any Kaillera servers that usually offer as a hub for UMK?

Selpex

Noob
i havent played on kaillera in a long time because of mame frame skipping on me but any us servers have some people opening umk3 but not as much as the mvc games, headoff/ma3x is were ded_ plays, try him out, hes new at umk3

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am trying to get a server along with DreemerNJ and Battousai. We'll get something going soon. It's main function will be for the Dark Addictz Kaillera gaming team I run.