What's new

Someone took my video and is claiming it as their own

Enkindu

Noob
Lol, I am pretty surprised at this, and I am not sure what I can do about it. I tried posting on the vid page telling him that I didn't mind if he used my video, but at least give me credit, and he deleted that and blocked me from being able to post anymore. Here's the link to his video, and mine.

His: http://youtu.be/BNGUegu5Yxs

Mine: http://youtu.be/1NwkKXCo2w4

So does anyone know what can be done about this? I don't have any copyright for it (I don't know if there's one by default) so I'm clueless. Thanks

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Just contact Youtube. Not sure anything else you can do.

ninja edit: wow after watching both, that is fucked up.

People need to rip this dude asap

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
its kind of stupid someone would steal a combo video.....? but regardless there are some nice combos on that video so gj!

Enkindu

Noob
I went ahead and filed a copyrightcomplaint since that's the only way I know of on how to contact youtube about it. It does seem like I don't need any legit paperwork to file this claim so I should be good to go. Thanks for the assist!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
I went ahead and filed a copyrightcomplaint since that's the only way I know of on how to contact youtube about it. It does seem like I don't need any legit paperwork to file this claim so I should be good to go. Thanks for the assist!
No problem. I tweeted this issue too, so hopefully he flags a TON of shit for this. fucking lame lame lame.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Everyone should flag the video as spam. You click the little flag next to "Add to:"

I already posted on both of my accounts d=

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Flagged it as well. As soon as I opened his video I recognized it immediately and I know for damn sure it wasn't his name I remembered. Then I saw yours and was like Cha-Ching.

We got you taken care of bro.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Lol, he removed all the flaming comments and blocked everyone. Well he blocked me at least so I assume he blocked everyone else.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Disliked and flagged. I was once a "victim" of this shit too, so I totally support helping taking his sorry account down :)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Also, just as a recommendation since you seem to upload a lot of fighting game vids, create a watermark for yourself. Doesn't have to be intrusive and it'll make your videos all the more annoying to steal.

P.S. Got about 10 confirmed negs from my facebook post.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
flagged, reported, and commented angrily. added a made up word (douchebaggery, lol) and a delightfully sarcastic tone to my biting words. you'll probably never see it though, seeing as how he removed everyone else's comments too. too me, that only proves that he stole it that much more. not even a reply or defense trying to convince us it's is. shows how mature he really is. anywho, i commend you good sir. nice combos. hope this never happens to anyone from TYM, or anyone at all for that matter, again.

Preemptive strike Edit: You know what? Before he deletes, I thought you all may like to read what I posted for our friend, the ripoff artist.

"HEY! What's up scumbag?! Real cool of you to steal someone else's work, eh? Must've been real hard to save and repost...ANYWAY! I applaud your douchebaggery and look forward to watching you get banned! Too bad no one else will see this though, cause you'll probably just remove it like you did all the others. KUDOS TOO YOU, MR. THIEF!"

He deserves whatever repercussions are coming for him. Each one.