What's new

Someone asked “Why are NRS games not respected by the rest of the FGC?”...

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...

Fast forward to 7:25 to hear Mike Ross, one of the most popular Fighting Game personalities ever (who all pretty much all but disappeared completely from the forefront of the FGC community two years ago due to his disgust of the rise of “eSports” and the issues won SFV) give his brief take on Mortal Kombat 11.

This doesn’t answer the question as to why NRS gams aren’t respected by others in the FGC, but it definitely makes it clear that Mortal Kombat players aren’t the only ones who bash Mortal Kombat, or view the game in a negative light.

Because they weren't considered good fighting games until their last few releases. Poorly balanced and had a lot of cheap mechanics that relied more on luck than skill. I would even say mk11 is the first 'proper' fighting game they made and it still has it's share of issues.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Play it for some time, and then you'll know why. It got a list of bad sides rather than the good sides. Not only try all the chars with all their strings and specials, but, also, its mechanisms. It's completely unbalanced and unfair for the most of the cast. Try to play it with your friends, and be amazed at how they released it day 1.

has a huge mk fan this is hard for me to say that but i have to agree that mk games are very badly balanced games even though everyone seems to say they are getting better now wich i really disagree. I feel like thats the bigger point. Waiting 4 months to release a patch because of the Esport focus is a bad marketing decision also. The casuals are already leaving the boat MK is behind Samurai Shodown at EVO. Even though MK11 sold the most it hasnt the most player still playing.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Idk why but as somebody who discovered the FGC as a Mortal Kombat fan first it definitely seems like it/we are the red headed step child of the FGC.

The only thing I can think of is balance and maybe just the gameplay in general. I know a lot of people are instantly turned off by there being a block button and I see a lot of people bitch about "dial-a-combos" as well.

Other than those two things I have no clue. IMO it has the best cast of characters in all of fighting games alongside Killer Instinct, and while the story/lore has it's issues it's leaps and bounds above all the competition with maybe the exception of Killer Instinct again. Most of the stages are pretty sick, and the music used to be awesome as well.

So yeah, I think it's just balance and I don't think people who play more "traditional" fighters like block button and dial combos...even though I am pretty sure even SF has these they are just called "target combos" and aren't the basis for the combo system just something a few characters have here and there.