What's new

Strategy Some ways to keep taking chip damage with skarlet

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey there, i was training with a dummy in order find a way of keep the opponent on block and continuing taking damage from him while he blocks creating a fine game of block pressure like kabal, unfortunately my idea seems to not work that well because if the opponnent blocks any string, before you being able to force him block an Ex Dagger Cancel unless he is on air he will simply Duck and Cut you out with a D1 or possibly interrupt it

Before i go any further on this, we are talking about this combo:

"Jip" B1 1, F4, Red Dash to Up Slash, 23, Red Dash to Down Slash, 112 (Reset) Ex Dagger Cancel...
This combo Alone Damages 42% if we add the Ex Dagger on the maths

So my first idea of keep taking damage from 112 to Ex Dagger Cancel after a combo then following up with a "flesh and blood (F212, 1+2)" to Red Slide is screwed by a D1 after Blocking the Ex Dagger.

Well so, its was clear that you can't follow up with a "Flesh and Blood" (F2, 1, 2, 1+2) not even if you cancel the EX dagger at juts frame speed, you won't get in time because the start up frame of this combo will keep getting late to following up and taking Chip Damage. Well its not all lost.

Instead:
Right after the dagger Cancel put him on block:

1. You can B1 , 1, F2 into red slide to anything creating a fine mind game. If he doesn't block its a vortex into the same combo with the same reset (possibly he will have enough meter to break out this time)
2. You can cross him up to the other side to start another B1, 1, F4. If he does not block, then its a vortex in to the same combo with the same reset

3: If he Blocks the Jip, you can take aditional 10% of damage on block with Flesh and Blood to Redslide. wich is 12% of chip Damage, if we add this to the previous combo, its 54% garanteed on a single movement.

4: If he Blocks the Jip, you can Gab him

Against players who have anti air special moves with armor, will possibly not work well on the cross up even if you throw him a low dagger on cross up.

Anyway, i'm so disappointed that my first concept idea of keep the opponent on block while Skarlet builds meter doesn't work at all, but maybe some one can make some use of it, or find another way of doing it by correcting the flaws, so i leave the concept on Spoiler --' "Sigh"

Here is the deal.

Everyone knows Skarlet can Damage 40% easy with no use of meter, there was a point i used to think this is enough, but after reading the breakdown of UsedForGlue and he explain that Skarlet can get Chip damage if we Reset with 112 do Ex Dagger Cancel to Flesh and Blood Combo (F212 1+2) to Red slide, to those who don't know all this damage on block is 12%. There is no way to escape, you can't break the addictional hits because you're already blocking.

Adding this to the 1st 40% the combo will be 52%, so you're pratically, you are Skrewed if you take just a single Jump in Punch or a combo.

You can Assume that after she finish the Flesh and Blood to Red Slide, you will be able to move again...

But to Skrew you even more:

- She Can cancel Half of the Flesh and Blood to another Red Dash into nothing Screwing you over, or should i say, you will have to keep blocking because:

1: She will pull another Safe String to EX Dagger Cancel to another Flesh and Blood to Another Red Dash

2: The Red Dash and Ex Dagger Cancel can come out on any part of the Flesh and Blood so, you will have to Guess when the Red Dash or Ex Dagger Cancel will come out making a insane mind game.

3: You will have to guess if the Red slide will be the next move, or if she will keep string you to block Ex Dagger Cancels to another Chip Damage Combo on Block.

4: While you're Blocking, she is building meter.

5: While your Blocking "Flesh and Blood" on half is 3% on your lifebar, complete is 8%, add another Dagger Cancel (+2%) to another Block String

5: If you guess the combo wrong and hits you, she will vortex you to another 112 Ex Dagger Cancel to Flesh and Blood again (unless you break there)

Just to remind that Cancel strings with Ex Dagger up on close doesn't give skarlets advantage if the opponent blocks low, but he will have to guess your next move, wich will possibly be a cross up or a Down Slash.

ryublaze

Noob
1, 1, 2, EX Dagger into F2, 1, 2, 1+2 does link if you time it right, but not against low hitbox characters. This reset into blockstring has been known already, including B1, 1, F4 on low hitbox characters. I like the idea of crossing up and countering anti-crossups with down dagger though, but I think a blocked down dagger can be punished (Frame data says it's approx. -3 but that's from the lowest height I think).

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
1, 1, 2, EX Dagger into F2, 1, 2, 1+2 does link if you time it right, but not against low hitbox characters. This reset into blockstring has been known already, including B1, 1, F4 on low hitbox characters. I like the idea of crossing up and countering anti-crossups with down dagger though, but I think a blocked down dagger can be punished (Frame data says it's approx. -3 but that's from the lowest height I think).
Depends on Skarlet's height and where the dagger hits on the opponent on whether she can be punished effectively. It's more of an art than a science in my opinion. ;) Just kidding - takes practice and a good read.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think with the usage of D+3 will make this type of game more effective, possibly causing a vortex

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I think with the usage of D+3 will make this type of game more effective, possibly causing a vortex
Careful - Skarlet doesn't have a vortex because she can't combo off of a low hit. She has mindgames galore, but no not a vortex.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2