What's new

Tech - Summoner Some Summoner Tech ideas

So I just have some tech thoughts to share with fellow Summoners.
First of all, the metereless bat vortex, midscreen version:

Yeah, yeah, 28% -overhead, 27% low

Now these are meterless combos you can go into to end the vortex with the 141 and a guaranteed bat Summon:

Low option does 35% damage

Overhead opion does 36% damage

I have been thinking about using Ex Skulls in mix ups. So when you have a bat loaded (preferably inside the bat vortex where the next mix up is guaranteed) you can go into either b2xxEx Skull or B32xx Ex Skull. BOTH options have gaps before the Ex Skull. Opponent can armour out. But having the bat out means you can blow up his armor if you read it. Plus Quans usually go for the Runes to make off of b2 and b32 (or normal skulls as a Summoner with a bat out). And with the b32 option (where you always have a gap bafore the special) you can go into full b324 string which will be made safe by a bat. So there are a lot of mind games involved here which can allow you to use the Ex skulls even though there is a danger of getting armoured.
Now after testing it for a little while I found that you can hit confirm your b2 or b32 canceled into Ex Skull into full combo on hit or stay at +16 with a bat still out on block.
On hit you can go into one of these 1 bar or 2 bar combos (which are way easier to hitconfirm) if you have more meter to spend:

On block, being at +16 and still having the bat out, of course gives you another guaranteed safe or a little plus on block 50/50 attemt. BUT it also allows you to jail your opponent into a guaranteed Hard to Blockable set up, or (if you are a bit late with the HTB) break their armour:

I cancel the 14 string into the Ex Skull and not one of Quan's mix up normals in this video just so that Kung Lao doesn't interrupt the Ex Skull with his armoured reversal.

With a second bar to spend you can make that HTB, you are jailing your opponent into, safe or plus on block:

Just some ideas I wanted to share in hopes to make Summoner forums alive again)

@The_Tile
@STB Shujinkydink
@michaelangelo
@WhoIsYams
@Israfel
@RM NoBrows
@Superman Rz

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Nice thread, it's good to get the Quan tech out there.

Something else to note, if you have around half a bar when you begin the vortex and want to build meter to stay safe, do F212xxRune instead of the initial mixup. This builds enough meter to get a bar, then you can send the low bat a little delayed and go into a mixup with meter to keep yourself safe. This also does more chip damage even if they guess wrong and if you're in the corner you can cancel the mixup into ExSkull which begins the mind games you spoke about, but gets full combo on hit and +16 on block.

Quan is just a mixup machine, mixups into mixups into mixups.